Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Thermopyle posted:

Soundswitch

I love you.

Edit: One tiny issue - it switches both the default sound device and the default communication device. Could you add an option to switch the sound device only? I have no reason to have the communications device on anything but my headset.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Soundswitch

Speaking of Soundswitch, did you see my edit to my post earlier in the page asking for a small tweak?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

fatman1683 posted:

I'm looking for an app to do batch-converts of audio files from stereo to mono.

Have you tried dbPowerAmp Music Converter? It has batch processing, and I can't recall having had it choke up on an odd file.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

fatman1683 posted:

edit: Unless the 'channel count' effect can do that, but I'm not sure if it actually merges channels or just deletes them when you want to remove a channel.

That's it. Setting the channels to "1 'mono'" merges the channels.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like to see an app that can (configurably) invert mouse inputs on either axis, with the inversion switched on and off by up to three keys/buttons, each of which can be set to either toggle the invert on/off each time it is pressed, or turn on the invert while held and off when released. It might be a good idea to have the axis inversion configuration attached to the button configuration so each could invert a separate axis.

The purpose for this is for games that do not offer an "invert mouse" option.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

The only testing I've done is on Win7 x64.

I'm glad that's exactly what I'm using then.

After a small amount of choking (my shift key got "stuck"; not physically, but Windows thought I was holding it) I managed to get it working as I wanted, and it does exactly what I want it to do. Thanks!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I'm looking for a wallpaper randomizer/changer for Vista 64.

This may not be particularly helpful because you're using Vista, but Windows 7 actually has wallpaper changing capability built-in.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Zhentar posted:

Any ideas?

Have it minimize everything every 5 minutes.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

thehandtruck posted:

So I have to open up run, type taskmgr,

Ctrl + Shift + Esc. :colbert:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Modern Pragmatist posted:

Also what platform are you on?

"Sidebar gadget" implies Vista or 7.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

I'm using Opera so I'd like to avoid Greasemonkey specific scripts if possible.

Current versions of Opera should be able to support Userscripts. There are a handful of Firefox-specific commands in Greasemonkey, but most of the basic stuff (which is what you're looking for) should work fine in Opera.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Sharkface posted:

i'm not sure why you want B to be a TSR, is there something that B would be doing after it executes the command?

It sounds to me like A does something when B.exe closes, so B would have to be a TSR for A to continue to function properly.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

Is there a javascript solution to having 480p default so that it doesn't change resolution when going fullscreen but preserves timestamps so that links to specified segments are useful? Or, is there already an established solution to this problem that I just failed to find (which is easily possible)?

Have you tried YousableTubeFix? I use it, and when I clicked that link the video loaded, switched to my preferred quality (720p), and then jumped to the timestamp in the url.

Edit: I just tried it with Youtube set to low quality and 480p as what the script adjusts it to, and it still worked.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 31, 2012

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Hoborg posted:

Enjoy.

http://bit.ly/MPeA6V

Sorry I beat you to it, ToxicFrog.

This program gathers all files then groups them by their size in bytes, then it computes the CRC-32 of files with the same length (CRC-32 is much faster than cryptographic hashes like MD5 or SHA). Finally, for each file with the same CRC-32 it compares the raw binary contents and when it spots the first difference it aborts and marks the files as being different.

The "Save Report" button is disabled because I didn't implement that feature yet.

Two request/suggestions:

- The ability to open the files listed (in the default program)
- The ability to choose which duplicate(s) get deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

It's not 100% what you're asking for but have you tried Youtube Link Title?

• Locked thread