Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005
I'd like a batch file extension stripper/renamer, please - i've been looking for one for quite some time, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005

oce posted:

Extension Changer does that, I think. You can select any number of files in windows explorer, right click and choose edit the extension to change them all at once.

Unless you're specifically looking for something that first takes the extension off a file and then gives it a random/sequential name?

I tried Extension Changer, but unfortunately it couldn't help me - thank you anyway :)

Neurozys posted:

Could you clarify that?

if all you want to do is change, for example, a bunch of .abc files to .def, I believe

"ren *.abc *.def" from the command line would work

Well my problem is that I have a large number of files which for some reason have the file extension twice (.wav.wav).

As they are for use with another application which is specifically searching for files in the 'type-sequentialnumber.wav' format, having the extra .wav is causing a lot of problems.

The first '.wav' isn't treated as a file extension until the second '.wav' is deleted (I attempted to manually go through the files, but there are far too many).

Leningrad fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 15, 2007

Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005

identikit posted:

Right I can get around this with a program called Advanced Renamer. Simply do a rename on the files Change .wav.wav to .wav

Edit:

Ah! Thank you!

• Locked thread