Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thissa
Oct 1, 2005

wrok posted:

This looks like it does what you want.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemeter/

I'd like to request this (or a similar bandwidth graph) for Mac OS X...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thissa
Oct 1, 2005

Mecha posted:

What kind of graph do you need--something more than what Activity Monitor does? (Or if you don't need a graph, there's the widgets at iSlayer).

Basically, I'd like to have a bandwidth graph in the corner of my screen. iStat doesn't have one, and Activity Monitor is huge and requires that I keep the process list open. Also both of these programs have the overhead of tracking other statistics which I don't care about. On my PC, I use NetMeter - which allows you to customize the colors and transparency when the mouse is on/off of the graph. It also keeps daily/weekly/monthly stats and pops up a warning when you're approaching some user-defined monthly limit. I haven't found anything like it for OSX yet :(

Thissa
Oct 1, 2005

Thissa posted:

Basically, I'd like to have a bandwidth graph in the corner of my screen. iStat doesn't have one, and Activity Monitor is huge and requires that I keep the process list open. Also both of these programs have the overhead of tracking other statistics which I don't care about. On my PC, I use NetMeter - which allows you to customize the colors and transparency when the mouse is on/off of the graph. It also keeps daily/weekly/monthly stats and pops up a warning when you're approaching some user-defined monthly limit. I haven't found anything like it for OSX yet :(

Just wanted to say I found a program that does this, except for the limit warning and comprehensive stats reporting. Has a few other cool features though. It's called X Resource Graph.

• Locked thread