Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Methanar posted:

I made something useful! I'm so proud of myself.

What else should I graph!?

Forgive me, I've been out of the game for a while, but what tool is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Do you all have a recommended resource if I want to learn BGP and OSPF to an intermediate level? Just grab the highest rated CCNP ROUTE book, or is there something more focused and/or vendor neutral? I see some O'Reilly books on one protocol or the other, but they're from like 2002. I realize these are foundational protocols that haven't changed much. But are those books still fine?

I'm not so much in that world anymore, as I've moved over to focus on security, but I don't believe things have progressed much. Virtually all of the projects I work on that involve BGP or OSPF are relying on knowledge and design philosophies that remain largely unchanged.

The only big thing that jumps out to me is ios bgp4 address family configurations, which I don't believe showed up until some time in the mid 2000s (does that sound right?).

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

I like NeatPatch quite a bit.