Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

H110Hawk posted:

I assume this means you work for Cisco?

We have a 6509 chassis sitting here with a shipping label on it. It has been here for nine (9) months now. We have tried on 3 seperate occasions to get Cisco to take it off our hands, but they never seem to schedule someone to pick it up. We've gone through all the right steps (we thought?) on the website. This chassis is our old dead-ish one that they shipped us an RMA replacement for after having no idea why it was breaking.

Kind sir, how do we get you guys to take it off our hands? It has been sitting there on its pallet for a long time, and has turned in to a table for our cache of 4948's.

On a similar note, I have a Sup720 with what is likely a bad flash card on it. How much of a PITA is it going to be to get this thing RMA'd? I have been having a bitch of a time navigating Cisco's website to figure out where I should actually be entering this RMA. I've found at least 2 places. We have a service contract with Cisco.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a00801c62e8.html

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/708/GPSTools/RMAWebReturns/rma_web_based_returns.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice for DMVPN tunnel monitoring. Because the mGRE tunnels don't ever go down/down (unless the associated physical interface goes down), it's not very practical to simply watch the tunnel interface itself.

We've been working around this problem by using syslog to report EIGRP adjacency changes, and then alerting based on this information.

Still, I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas, or if they've heard of a snmp mib for IPSec SA's.

I think you need the objects in CISCO-IPSEC-FLOW-MONITOR-MIB.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

Isn't autonegotiation required for 1000base-t? I know you can force it off on fiber interfaces, but I don't think I can turn down autonegotiation on my X6548-GE-TX modules.

edit: I think I'm wrong about the module. I seem to remember there was something out there that would only take a 'speed auto', but now I can't figure out what it was.

Were you thinking the PA-4E modules for VXRs?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
As far as 7600/6500 goes the code trains are split now. More switching features will be implemented for 6k while more routing features will be making it into the 7k. I guess it mostly comes down to the capacity you need and topology (collapsed core or distributed).

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
Captain, post a show ip route from that switch plz. I think the switch is just doing the routing for you, which you don't want.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

You can proxy-arp to fake it (clients in 10.10/16 arp for what they think is local, gateway responds with it's own MAC), but I don't know if proxy-arp is enabled by default on pix interfaces. It probably is, because it's been like that on IOS devices forever, but I don't know for certain. If I had to guess, it's probably enabled by default, and isn't really the problem here.

You also used to be able to set yourself as your gateway in windows, and it would cause the stack to arp for _everything_, which was pretty cool.

Proxy arp on PIX/ASA/FWSM function is based on your NAT config. Any IP address assigned to a physical, logical, or NAT address (nat (int) x.x.x.x) will cause the FW to proxy arp. Static NATs:

static (real_interface,mapped_interface) mapped_address real_address

Tells the FW to proxy arp for mapped_address on interface mapped_interface. Proxy arp can be disabled on a per interface basis as well (sysopt no-proxy-arp <int> [IIRC]).

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

Gateway of last resort is 192.168.99.1 to network 0.0.0.0

C 192.168.14.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan34
C 192.168.8.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan28
C 192.168.10.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan30
C 192.168.99.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan40
C 192.168.6.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan26
C 192.168.0.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan20
C 192.168.100.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan120
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 192.168.99.1

I set up a interface vlan on the switch as a last resort to communicate with that server. The IP is 192.168.100.2. Doing that I can ping the server on the DMZ from the switch but not from any other network.

Yeah see how:

C 192.168.0.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan20
C 192.168.100.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan120

Are connected? Thats bad. That means the switch is routing and not the ASA. Statefull firewalls don't like asymetric routing. Are hosts in the DMZ initiating traffic to the inside or is it only inside hosts initiating connections? Also fix your mask, I don't think you want to have a /16 on Vlan20.

You'll need a static identity nat to get this going (and an ACL), I'm assuming you want the ASA to just route the DMZ and inside nets and not NAT? Assuming that is the case:

static (inside,dmz) 192.168.99.0 192.168.99.0 mask 255.255.255.0
static (dmz,inside) 192.168.100.0 192.168.100.0 mask 255.255.255.0

See my above post on how proxy arp works in case I just reversed what you are trying to do.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 6, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

I want the switch to do all the routing except for the DMZ Vlan. The server in the DMZ is an ISA server and needs to communicate with Exchange which is on the 20 Vlan so connections come in from the internet, to the DMZ through the ISA server which needs to talk to the 20 vlan to get to exchange. Also, I have subnet-zero enabled. That's why I have 192.168.0.0/24.

Right, so what I am saying is, since you have a L3 vlan interface on the switch that resides in the DMZ subnet. The switch is currently routing between the .99 and .100 subnets and not the ASA. This is NOT what you want to happen.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

Thanks.

Even when the 4507 was not routing, i still couldn't get through. What's the next step?

You need the static nats I posted above. ASA by default requires a NAT config to get traffic from one interface to another. So basically what we do is write NAT statements that essentially NAT traffic to their original IP addresses. The order of the interfaces is important since it controls which interface proxy ARPs for the subnet or host IP configured. If you flip the interface order you can wind up having the FW and hosts ARPing for the same addresses and that makes a headache.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/index.htm

I've got to head out but I'll check the thread when I get home.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 6, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

This is fantastic, I didn't know i could use NAT to route traffic that way. I had to go for the day but I'll pick this up in the morning. I only saw half of your post before so I missed the static entries. Now that I'm home, I'm going to read up on this to speed things up tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Happy to help!

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Arkady posted:

stuff

Exactly what image are you running? Is this in production or in a test lab?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

Is there a way to alter the access list of a PIX 515e on a live network without it being automatically removed from the interface? I have an entry that needs to go at the very top. :argh: Should I just write it up in notepad and execute it quick to minimize downtime? I'm worried about making typo or something and then I have a half finished ACL with erroneous entries that I have to clean up.

So, editing a firewall ACL without downtime. Impossible?

Hey, sorry I missed your previous IMs. It depends on the version of code. I think line numbers were introduced in 6.3.

access-list foobar line X ...

Depending on load and ACL size there could be a brief impact to traffic. This is due to ACL compilation which is an option in 6.3 and default in 7+.

Mr. Fossey posted:

I am looking to overhaul our firewall/VPN situation (as in we don't have one other than a W2K3 box serving pptp connections). It is one main office going through a cisco 1720 with a dozen servers and 100 users. Also we have 6 remote offices that we would like to have site to site vpn access that have no more than 20 users. We will also need mobile VPN for ~25 uses via radius or AD LDAP auth. I am leaning towards the ASA5510 w/ ASA5505s at the remote site.

I have no ASA experience but I'm not terribly worried for myself but I am concerned if I keeled over there is nobody else here who does networking. Is the GUI for the ASAs good enough a general computer person could operate them or would watchguard, checkpoint, sonicwall, etc have a better solution?

The other thing I would like to do is put in vlans due to the CFD cluster we are going to be building shortly. While having a semi-decent gui takes precedence it would be nice.

ASDM is pretty good. The biggest deal with any of this stuff is doing a little reading. For basic administration ASDM is pretty idiot proof. Do yourself a favor and pretend watchguard doesn't exist. I'd say do the same with sonicwall. Checkpoint, meh. I don't like the policy structure. I like PIX and ASA, but I work with them every day so familiarity and all that. Disclaimer, I work for Cisco.

Is all of this traffic hub to spoke or do the spokes need to chat to one another? I'd think you'd want routers if its the latter, that way you can use DMVPN. You'd probably want something larger than a 5510 for your hub but work with some presales people. I don't do a whole hell of a lot of design work.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 2, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

GOOCHY posted:

A furniture chain in my area is going out of business so I stopped over there with my wife to see what kind of discounts they had going on. On a table with misc. junk they had a Cisco PIX 501 and a Cisco 2600 series router with a 56K WIC in it. Neither had a price tag on them so I offered $20 for the PIX - and they took it!! Once they took the $20 for the PIX I figured I'd offer $10 for the 2600 - apparently my ultra low ball got the guy nervous and he said, "Oh, well - that's not supposed to be out on the table our IT guy was looking into that one so I can't sell it."

I guess that's what I get for being too greedy. ;) That PIX for $20 is the steal of the week for me though.

Nice! Too bad you couldn't get the 2600 as well.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

CrazyLittle posted:

Yes, but now you're stuck with a PIX 501.

For home they are fine, and hey worst case he just spent $20 to have equipment to learn on.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

CrazyLittle posted:

I kid. Mostly the thing that bugs me about the pix 501 is that the ASA 5500 is roughly the same price and isn't the neutered wanna-be firewall that the pix 501 is in comparison to the 506.

Oh they are very weak, I agree completely. I have no idea what the list is on them, I think list was ~$1000 for the 5505s with base lic. Are we really selling 501s for that much?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
Ouch. Yeah, that makes it a pretty easy decision.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

inignot posted:

I work with a federal agency that is running five year old pix 535's with 6.34 code. They still have CatOS on a couple of switches too. And they wonder why their gear can never support the latest hotshit feature they want, it's a special kind of dumb that I have no sympathy for.

I hear you guys. To be fair 535s running 6.x code are fast. If you want 7/8.x features though then you really need ASA hardware. Prior to 8 we tried pretty hard for feature parity. Starting with 8.x you are going to see things change significantly.

crazylittle posted:

Please tell that to my customers who keep name dropping "PIX 501" like it's in style I had to do this awful ugly hack to rewrite the originating IP on a PIX 506 in order to make policy based routing work over a wimax + T1 configuration.

I hope it wasn't too bad. PIX nat takes a bit of getting used to but I find it to be easier/more sensical than IOS nat.

GOOCHY posted:

The company I work for still deploys PIX firewalls like they're going out of style. We're about 5 years behind everybody else when it comes to updating hardware though. Maybe it's a Midwest thing - a lot of the technical contractors around here are still using them as well.

:( The price difference between ASA and PIX HW is so negligible for 5510+/515e+ that I really don't understand why anyone would be PIX HW any more. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. *shrug

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

GOOCHY posted:

tftp

Are you resolving the PIX interface in ARP? I can't remember if ROMMON defaults to eth0 or eth1, so I'd set that manually as well. In ROMMON the PIX should respond to pings.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

GOOCHY posted:

Yeah, it shows the IP address that the interface on the PIX is set to and the MAC address in the ARP table. I tried setting the interface manually to both 0 and 1 and they both react in the exact same manner - timeouts.

I should probably note that after the Solarwinds TFTP server tries to communicate with the PIX and gets timeouts repeatedly it crashes. I'm going to give another TFTP server a try but I'm thinking I'll get the same result.

I just saw that you set the gateway. Don't do that unless the TFTP server is on a different subnet.

EDIT: Seriously, I know how stupid that sounds but since you don't set a subnet mask PIX assumes that since there is a gateway set that the TFTP server is on a different segment.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 6, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Analog LED posted:

Words.

Do you really think you should be talking about this?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Girdle Wax posted:

Nothing he said there hasn't already been said on NANOG/C-NSP/Cisco Blog...

Fair enough, some higher ups get tweaked over stupid poo poo. Thats all.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

delslo posted:

I should have clarified, the Pix 515 I'm behind is set up for PPTP Passthrough to a Windows server running Routing and Remote Access. I know, I know, but that's how it's set up.

The ASA is set up to allow NAT traversal.

Thanks guys, I'm going to take a look at the Pix first, if I can get to the ASA from here, I'll make the changes to that as well, if not, I'll have to wait till I get home.

There is a bug that was fixed in ASA code. Basically PPTP + PAT == no no in 7.x code. It does work in 6.x but it turned the nat tables into spaghetti. What version of code is on the PIX and what is the ASA running?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

sund posted:

The small office I work for is replacing their WRT54G with a Cisco 1811W. It's fallen to me to help out after I finished the stuff I was working on. I'm using the web app to configure it, but I'm unable to get a basic NAT box up and running properly. I managed to configure one interface as the upstream link to the ISP, configured as a DHCP client. I can ping the outside world from the router. Any clients connected to the switch interfaces get configured properly from the DHCP server on the router. I can ping through the router to the uplink interface, but I'm unable to get any further than that. It says the firewall is off, do I need to turn it on and apply "allow any" rules or something? Is there some small, but vital detail I'm missing? I'd just like to get it up and running the way DD-WRT was before and handle the other features later.

Is there a basic guide for using these things geared towards people who know networking, but don't have a lot of Cisco experience anywhere on the net?

This is for SDM 2.3, but 2.4 is basically the same:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008065604a.html

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

brent78 posted:

I setup a VPN on a PIX 515e and connect with the Cisco VPN client software. It works great, however I'm no longer able to route to the Internet, just the private internal network. Is there a way to have it route ALL my traffic through the PIX. I know a split tunnel is possible, but I don't want to do that. I heard somewhere that a PIX can't route traffic out the same interface it comes in on, so what I'm asking may not be possible without a VPN concentrator or whatnot.

Is the PIX running 6, 7, or 8?

This is applicable to 7 and 8. If your are running 6 let me know and I can dig up that too.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but Cisco came back to me finally and told me that, more or less, "IPSec client VPN termination against IOS is an afterthought," and that the recommended platform for client VPN termination is an ASA.

Well, no kidding, I'd love to use my two ASA5540's, since I already paid for them. Problem is, they have no VRF capabilities, and that's what I need.

So as near as I can tell, Cisco's remote access VPN offering can be described as follows:

PIX/ASA: Platform of choice, provided you don't need VRF termination
IOS: Sort of an afterthought; you get VRF termination, but lose most other features.

AT&T does large-scale virtualized VPN termination; what the hell are they using?

6k/7ks with VPN-SPAs I think. I understand you need VRF support but what other features are you looking to implement that IOS doesn't provide for RA?

EDIT: I'm not a VPN eng but I'll do what I can to help.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

dwarftosser posted:

You can for now, which makes it a great option. However I hear Cisco is going to limit what products you can and cannot get a smartnet on sometime in the near future to try to curb the massive explosion of Used / Refurbed dealers that seem to be around now.

For what its worth I've heard no talk of this.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ChimpyMonkey posted:

Anyone here running 12.2(33)SXH on a Sup32? We were previously running SXF on the same box, upgraded to SXH a couple of days ago. Now we have no rate-limit or traffic-shape available to us.

Our SE seems to think that these features were not functioning under SXF at all either, but that they were cosmetically available.

Anyone have a 6500 running SXF and either of these able to confirm for me? We never really tested the rate-limiting or traff-shaping we had applied to customers (1000s of km away). I'm curious as to if it wasn't working under SXF at all, or our SE is pulling our leg.

Possibly. I'll try to check this out today.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
Can you post this fw policy:

ip inspect myfw

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
Doh. Sorry I'm retarded I meant the guy having FTP issues.

For your issue try pulling the ip nat outside off your internet facing interface and see if it works.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ionn posted:

I'm wondering a bit about the Cisco 1811 / 1812. How useful are those extra 8 ports, really? It's called an "8 port switch", but I've seen configs where they're referred to as FastEthernet 2-9. What can they actually do?
An ISP has one of those at our site, and they have connected FastEthernet 1 to one of the "switch" ports (and we connect to another one of them), is that really the only way to get any traffic out of those ports? With some vlans, that would get me a sort-of 8-port router (with 2 ports used up by a silly cable), but where 7 of them share a common 100Mbit.

It would probably still be perfectly usable for what I would need it for (just need to separate some lans from the rest of our network with a separate router, due to private networks colliding between us and a client).

Can you post what is silk screened on the card? The short answer is most of these expansion WICs are switchcards. You shouldn't have to physically cable the card to one of the routing ports though! You just create a BVI typically.

edit: annd late.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

If someone has a box running 12.4(15)T1, or can get a box running 12.4(15)T1, I'd like to see if they can reproduce a CEF problem with SSL VPN and VRF.

If somebody has hardware and an interest in helping, I can provide you with configs.

Check your PMs.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

brent78 posted:

I have a pair of stacked 3750's with a couple VLANs. One VLAN is used for Internet based traffic and the other is private SAN traffic. I'd like to use an mtu of 9000 for the second vlan, however from what I've read the mtu can only be set system wide and not per interface or vlan. How will having a sys mtu of 9000 affect internet traffic that upstreams to a pair of ASA's that have an mtu of 1500?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12240se/cr/cli2.htm#wp1949594

The SAN ports aren't routed (I assume) so you might be able to do system mtu jumbo. Also if you have path mtu discovery running it shouldn't be a big deal.

jwh posted:

If someone has a box running 12.4(15)T1, or can get a box running 12.4(15)T1, I'd like to see if they can reproduce a CEF problem with SSL VPN and VRF.

If somebody has hardware and an interest in helping, I can provide you with configs.

I haven't forgotten about you, the last few days have just royally sucked.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 5, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

jwh posted:

I'm working through even more VPN client issues, and I'm being told from our systems people that we need our VPN connected clients to register themselves in DNS.

Apparently when a remote user connects now, they're registering in WINS, but not in DNS, which is leading to all kinds of terrible things- if you're a Windows systems guy. Personally, I don't know if expecting VPN connected clients to have accurate forward or reverse DNS is a reasonable expectation in the first place, but it's being asked for.

I've spent a day or two looking at DHCP Client Proxy features for Easy VPN on IOS, but it doesn't appear to want to work with VRF, and before I spend any more time on it, I have to ask how everyone else is solving this problem. Or, if this is even a problem for anyone else.

It looks like you can do this with a concentrator. Not sure about ASA or IOS. Windows hosts have DDNS clients on them, why can't the host do it after the tunnel comes up?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

inignot posted:

Call me old school (or just dumb) if you want, but every EZ-VPN example code I've ever seen has looked like incoherent gibberish. I'll take crypto maps, or tunnel protect, or DMVPN over that EZ-VPN nonsense any day.

Well I think it was named EZ-VPN due to the minimal config needed on the client side. I agree with you completely that it is a pain in the rear end. And yes DMVPN/tunnel protect/anything is less convoluted.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Filthy_McGreasy posted:

Do you have any suggestions on how to prepare for the CCIE? What equipment is good to practice with? Did you just purchase a set amount of hours on practice equipment? Any online articles that are worth reading before I get started?

Which track?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
code:
Dec  9 10:23:36 Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 63.197.134.218, QM FSM error (P2 struct &0xd6154930, mess id 0xfd5fc287)!
Make sure your crypto ACL on the ASA and the traffic you specified on the Windows host match.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Filthy_McGreasy posted:

I am starting with routing/switching, but possibly exploring other options after I pass the test.

I would love to hear some advice from anyone on this, regardless of the path chosen.

I passed the security CCIE this past September. Most of it was OJT although I did have a study rack of equipment. For study guides I used IP Expert and Netmetric-Solutions. For security I thought Netmetric was better. For VOIP I know the IP Expert is excellent. Not sure for R&S.

I completely agree with inignot. It seems like if there are two ways of accomplishing something, the most convoluted or assine method is the "right" method. Best thing to do is remember its just a test...

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 10, 2007

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Skip Dogg posted:

What would cause computers to take forever to get a DHCP address?

Win2k3 is handing out the DHCP addresses.

Cisco 6513 switch set into vlan's. It is configured with the appropriate ip helper address.

It can take 30 to 45 seconds to pull an address. Not really a huge issue, but one model of computers PXE rom times out before it can pull an address. I use a boot cd on those.

Take a packet capture from the host and the DHCP server end.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Lemme see if I can get it. Call manager is handled at the district level, so I'm trying to troubleshoot what I can locally. Definitely a weird one.

Place a call to an ext. Once the other phone is off hook tap the ? mark button twice. Look at the packet sent/received counts. I'd guess you are sending but not receiving media. Any firewalls/ACLS/etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

mamboman posted:

I've got a weird VPN hairpinning problem on an ASA 5540.

I am using an ASA 5540 VPN edition to terminate VPN connections from software clients and PIX/ASA boxes using EasyVPN (in network extension mode).

I am trying to get the PIX/ASA remote networks and the VPN Clients to talk to each other (they both have no problems talking to the core) but intra-spoke communication is intermittent.

Just as an example, I was trying to ping from a client (192.168.200.4) to a remote network (192.168.8.1) and it wouldn't work, but when I initiated the ping from the remote network side (192.168.8.1) it started working "magically."

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface is enabled on the core pix.

Here is some of the relevant config:

access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip any 10.1.131.0 255.255.255.224
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip any 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.128
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip any 10.1.129.0 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip any 10.1.6.192 255.255.255.192
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 10.1.6.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.6.0 255.255.255.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.16.0.0 255.240.0.0 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 192.168.0.0 255.254.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0 255.254.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0 255.254.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.18.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0 255.254.0.0
access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0

ip local pool VPN_CLIENTS 192.168.200.1-192.168.207.254 mask 255.255.248.0

global (outside) 1 209.17.173.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
global (outside) 101 209.17.173.9 netmask 255.255.255.192
global (DMZ) 101 209.17.173.9 netmask 255.255.255.192
global (DMZ) 2 192.168.1.8
nat (outside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound
nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound
nat (inside) 1 10.2.4.0 255.255.255.0
nat (inside) 101 172.18.1.0 255.255.255.0
nat (inside) 101 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0
nat (inside) 101 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
nat (DMZ) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound

Help?

You need a nat (outside) statement to translate VPNC IPs to globals. ie. nat (outside) 1 <RA VPN Subnet> netmask <mask>

also you say same sec intra is on the core PIX... It needs to be on this ASA since it is terminating the tunnels (unless I misread that bit).