Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Not sure where to put this question, but the home networking thread didn't seem like the best place.

I'm looking for a POE router than also RUNS on POE. I think that sounds weird, but I need to run 4 tiny devices(1.2watts each) 500ft out, and the cost and permits to run real AC out there is a nightmare. I know they make generic poe breakouts, which I'll use as a last resort, but if there is some small poe router purpose built, that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

I've got a tiny office(3 people) that someone else put in a lot of Cisco equipment. Switch, security gateway, 7 cameras.

They weren't really made aware that this was all a subscription deal as far as the licensing goes, and now they are looking to cut costs.

They have 5 mr enterprise licenses(these seem generic, not sure what device they represent), 1 mx68w(security gateway), 1 ms120-48lp(switch), and 7mv(camera) licenses

I'd love to tell them to drop all of this for a 3 person office, but I'd like to have at least a modicum of understanding on how meraki licensing works in case some of these licenses still have time left on them and they want to put off changing everything at once.

Are the camera's still fully functional if you swap the security gateway and 48p switch(assuming poe compatibility) with another brand or does cisco's cloud access require the gateway? What exactly are mr enterprise licenses? I assumed they represented number of employees with portal access but google mentions devices.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Thanks guys.

Just to confirm, if they rip out everything but those 7 cameras, they can just pay for the license on those 7 cameras and will still have full access to those cameras like nothing has changed?