Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
Fishman is not just an understanding financial organisation.
OK here are 2 questions:

1) Is it somehow possible to enter a question mark into the router and not have it interpret that as me querying what commands are available (lets say for a complex password)

2) We have this 1811W at the office, I've managed to fumble my way around setting up Wi-Fi with WPA-PSK using TKIP however I didnt manage to find anything referencing the use of AES/CCMP. Am I missing something or is the feature simply not there?

code:
Cisco IOS Software, C181X Software (C181X-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Sat 17-Jun-06 01:48 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)YH5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

HQ-gos uptime is 1 week, 2 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes
System returned to ROM by error - a SIGTRAP exception, PC 0x800C7B2C at 14:44:51 AEST Wed Jun 6 2007
System restarted at 14:45:24 AEST Wed Jun 6 2007
System image file is "flash:c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T.bin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
OK goons, heres a question for you.

Recently I've been thinking of all the really long (or annoying) commands that I use often and making somewhat shorter aliases for them, I've included some below.

code:
alias exec cpu show processes cpu sorted
alias exec nda no debug all
alias exec sna show ntp associations
alias exec silp show ip local pool
The thing is that some of our users are horrible at typing and unfortunately the situation regularly arises where we have to debug various functions in order to demonstrate to them that its their typing skills and not our systems that are the problem.

My question is this, is it possible to make some kind of alias like function where I can run multiple commands from a single line?

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003

Granite Octopus posted:

I'm really sorry if this is a nooby question, but I'm at the end of my tether, and the rest of the office will kill me if this isn't resolved shortly.

We upgraded the iOS from 12.4-15.T14 to 12.4-24.T5 on a Cisco 870 Series router (877W-M).
I had the exact same problem when I went from 12.4(24)T3 to T5. Even bouncing the ATM interface did not seem to prompt it into dialing PPP again.

Rolling back to T3 made the router behave as expected.