Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godfrey
May 29, 2004

Excellent!
Alright is not really a short question but.... I am retarded when it comes to VPNs I've only set one or two up correctly but this does not stop me from thinking my boss is doing it completely backasswards. :saddowns:

I was wondering if one of you would give me a good example of a properly set up VPN between two Ciscos and just so you know we run our operations on 7100s and 7200s running Version 12.2

I know this really isn't specifically a Cisco question but the people that watch this thread are the kind of peeps I would like to hear from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godfrey
May 29, 2004

Excellent!

jwh posted:

What do you mean? What is he doing?

I like to use ipsec protected GRE tunnels. It's super easy to configure, and they configure up like actual routed interfaces. None of this dynamic crypto map wacky nonsense.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/solution/p2pgre_x.pdf

Thank you I will read this (well most of it, I also have a Cisco VPN book coming to me in the mail) but he is using crypto maps and it just seems unnecessarily messy especially with five of them.

Godfrey
May 29, 2004

Excellent!
Hey I'm in a bit of a situation, one of my routers stopped working correctly last night and I've rebuilt my configuration and yet I have not resolved my problem.

the players
Internet
Router A can talk to B and the internet and can not talk to Server A
Router B can talk to A and the internet and talk to Server A
server A can talk to Router B but not A or the internet.

I'm guessing I've just made a simple mistake, would you mide looking this over its the simplest configuration ever..

Here is my config:
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Ctrl-Dfwr-1
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
enable secret 5 ************
enable password ***********
!
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
!
!
ip cef
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
description External Network
ip address 208.75.219.250 255.255.255.240
duplex full
speed 100
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
description Internal Network
ip address 208.75.218.225 255.255.255.224
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface Serial1/0
no ip address
shutdown
serial restart-delay 0
no fair-queue
!
interface Serial1/1
no ip address
shutdown
serial restart-delay 0
!
interface Serial1/2
no ip address
shutdown
serial restart-delay 0
!
interface Serial1/3
no ip address
shutdown
serial restart-delay 0
!
no ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 208.75.219.254
no ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
!
!
!
!
!
line con 0
transport preferred all
transport output all
line aux 0
transport preferred all
transport output all
line vty 0 4
login
transport preferred all
transport input all
transport output all
!
!

Godfrey
May 29, 2004

Excellent!
sorry I was being rushing a bit.

See attachment:

Router A's job is to run BGP, she works fine.

Router B's job is to be the Border router for one of our smaller parent companies, she is getting out to the internet fine, but is not permitting systems from the 208.75.218.x range out, but she will let traffic out that originates from the 218.225 address.

Server A is a SBS for the small parent company.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Godfrey
May 29, 2004

Excellent!
I found it, its was very strange the subnetmask of the route in the BGP router had changed only allowing 3 IP addresses in thus my ability to get to the router but nothing else.

now why it just randomly changed is the question.