Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

doomisland posted:

Yes but also you get a mental model for the config structure and can basically just "?" your way to what you want eventually if you're CLI cowboying. Or just look it up and/or automate the config.
It's amazing how logical and explorable the Cisco CLI layout is until it suddenly does something backwards from all reasonable expectations like enabling a port via `no shutdown` or of course everyone's favorite learning experience `switchport trunk allowed vlan add`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Moey posted:

Logical? Junos > IOS
I've never actually touched Junos so no input there, just saying as someone who doesn't work with Cisco gear all that often I can usually find my way to and successfully configure any setting I need in an IOS CLI (or a good imitation of it like Adtran's) with a few tab completions.