Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wallwhacker
May 21, 2003

Something wicked this way comes....
Nice work, everyone!

Mucktron posted:

"taking" not "takeing" :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spartan22x
Dec 22, 2006

by Fragmaster
edit:
meh... comment taken out
Great thread though :)

Spartan22x fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 29, 2007

keet
Aug 20, 2005

hobo_bait posted:

Surprised no one beat me to this one.

The fun thing is it's an entirely appropriate poster for that movie. :D

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I hate it when source images can't keep up with an idea.

moofin
Dec 25, 2006

goestotheinternet
Sorry to threadshit, but how are you guys getting that nice old crumpled paper look? Every time I try it looks like poo poo.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

moofin posted:

Sorry to threadshit, but how are you guys getting that nice old crumpled paper look? Every time I try it looks like poo poo.

That's not threadshitting, that's asking a question!

Do a google image search for a variety of textures, like parchment, "crinkled paper," "old poster," whatever you think might work. There was a really good blank I found under "wanted poster" but it was a bit too small, for example.

Work from there, play with the levels, the opacity, and the hue/saturation to get the look you're after.

QED
Sep 21, 2004

You are a figment of my imagination.

PipeRifle posted:

That's not threadshitting, that's asking a question!

Do a google image search for a variety of textures, like parchment, "crinkled paper," "old poster," whatever you think might work. There was a really good blank I found under "wanted poster" but it was a bit too small, for example.

Work from there, play with the levels, the opacity, and the hue/saturation to get the look you're after.

I tried googling an image for "Old wrinkled poster" and got a photo of myself! :downsrim:

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering the same thing as moofin.

Drill-Instructor
Jan 7, 2006

Drill-Instructor fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 30, 2007

Stragedy
Mar 25, 2007

Strategic Tragedy
I'm kinda lame :(

wtf, it doesn't show up half the time

Stragedy fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 30, 2007

god is dad
Mar 7, 2007

situations are like cells.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
Nice thread, all of these are so cool!

here's my submission:

Trollipop fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 30, 2007

hobo_bait
Jan 6, 2007
I'm pretty sure I've just broken some laws and ruined several childhoods. Um. I blame my girlfriend...

hobo_bait fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 30, 2007

Drill-Instructor
Jan 7, 2006
picture removed for general shittiness

Drill-Instructor fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 30, 2007

smada
Jan 3, 2007

Trollipop posted:

Nice thread, all of these are so cool!

here's my submission:

Well done sir.

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Stragedy posted:

I'm kinda lame :(

wtf, it doesn't show up half the time

Did you make this with PC Paintbrush?

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
Okay, I think I've figured out the "aging" thing --

so here are some posters already submitted, all "aged up." I'd like to know what y'all think.

And this last one was very well preserved, just folded up and stored:

Stragedy
Mar 25, 2007

Strategic Tragedy

spacemountain posted:

Did you make this with PC Paintbrush?

Photoshop, sir

neonbubble
Jul 12, 2002

Effingham posted:

so here are some posters already submitted, all "aged up." I'd like to know what y'all think.

Well, I think ... very well done. Especially The Andromeda Strain. Folding works really well on the text.

King Gonad
Jul 31, 2005

Afrodesiac de Vagin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I don't have Photoshop 7.0 so I can't use most of the brushes, but I improvised a bit with the layers.

Trapezoid
Apr 28, 2004
^^ Fantastic jobs on the Babe and Beetlejuice posters.

Does this contest have a deadline or is it just going to be open until the thread dies down?

Dynomatic
Apr 17, 2007
That Beetlejuice poster is absolutely excellent.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

hosed up the font a bit, could do better but it's half 4 in the morning and I want to go to bed. Sorry goons!

Clumpy
Jul 30, 2005

This isn't as easy as you would think.

Flatpack posted:

hosed up the font a bit, could do better but it's half 4 in the morning and I want to go to bed. Sorry goons!

This should have been the actual movie poster. I fits perfectly.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Clumpy posted:

This should have been the actual movie poster. I fits perfectly.

Thematically, maybe, as in you would have to be hopped up on adrenochrome to look at it without your eyes trying to implode

MoonageDaydream
Dec 22, 2006

www.poecide.com

Howard Beale posted:

Incredible.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

Effingham posted:

And this last one was very well preserved, just folded up and stored:

I can't figure out how to do the folded paper effect, could you explain that a little bit please?

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Howard Beale posted:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE

Good Christ. Tell me you have this in poster resolution so I can decorate a wall in my house and shower you with money in the process.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

hobo_bait posted:

I'm pretty sure I've just broken some laws and ruined several childhoods. Um. I blame my girlfriend...

:awesome: Top notch work. That's excellent!

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
There are about five posters in this thread I'd frame and put up in my house. How are these covered by Fair-Use? Is it alright to pay for them or can the creators not make money off them as the original copyright hasn't expired?

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

quote:

I can't figure out how to do the folded paper effect, could you explain that a little bit please?

They're done with the use of brushes. I did a search for "folded paper brush" and "photoshop" and just downloaded several brushes. A few were pretty good, and some were so so. It's just experimenting to find ones that work for what you're doing. The last one -- Andromeda Strain -- was actually done post-Photoshop by a neat little application called "Pixel Paper" from Twisting Pixels.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Serisothikos posted:

There are about five posters in this thread I'd frame and put up in my house. How are these covered by Fair-Use? Is it alright to pay for them or can the creators not make money off them as the original copyright hasn't expired?

Yeah, there is really some amazing work in this thread. I've rasterbated a few posters, but it is just not the same as a full-size print. If there is any way to get these made at poster size (especially the ones for Beetlejuice and The Fifth Element) I would love to buy them.

look_at_banner
Mar 16, 2007

<3

jazzyjay posted:

I really enjoy this, but "ununderstood?" Is that to fit the un theme? Sorry, English major here.

This thread leaves me wishing for not only photoshop, but photoshop abilities. Excuse me, the ability to correctly enhance images within the program Adobe Photoshop Elements. Great produce, OP and many others are on the spot, I echo the sentiment of offering money for full prints.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

King Gonad
Jul 31, 2005

Afrodesiac de Vagin

Howard Beale posted:

BEETLEJUICE

That is truly a thing of extreme awesomeness. :dance:

Glarg
Apr 27, 2007
Nice.

Spittin Wheelie
Nov 4, 2005

Spittin is a nasty habbit...

boethius posted:

^^^That's awesome!

Higher res: http://imagesocket.com/view/monty_python_low_res15c.jpg

C.S.
Mar 31, 2006
Some call me... Tim?

Sunny Sixkiller posted:

Aw, shucks :)

Here's another. Everybody loves Robocop!

I've got to drag this one out again. Excellent work. This is the only one I've seen that really looks like you found it in a trunk in the attic and decided to scan it. Nice subject as well :awesome:

Lucien
May 2, 2007

check it out i'm a samurai ^_^
My first 'shop, please be gentle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harmful
Apr 14, 2007
I never finish anyth

hobo_bait posted:

Surprised no one beat me to this one.

that is fantastic