Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

blairerickson fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

esc posted:

I really like this one, but I don't know if I'm feeling the font for the title. The unfilled bubble font looks a little weird.

Try it now and tell me if that works for ya.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

blairerickson fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 20, 2007

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

Eglamore posted:

What movie is this supposed to be?

blairerickson fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 20, 2007

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

TeffaBob posted:

We are working on designing a dojo in my studio, so I decided to dual purpose it.

Okay honestly what is this?

Why do the characters from Matrix 2 have smileys pasted on their face and why does it say "Based on a real movie from theaters around the world" and why does it say "MASC" as the title? :confused:

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

Kolchak posted:

Made this instead of eating lunch. It was WORTH IT!

Now see, that is grade A classy work.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

spacemountain posted:

Now see this is the right way to do it. Thank god the OP has not abandoned us.

On this entry though...

oldbrownshoe posted:

Here's something different then (and extremely simple, I'm not a photoshop wiz). Not necessarily a "classy" movie, but one of my favs.

I don't know how you did it but I think this is the first entry where the image is LESS "Grindhouse" looking than the original poster for the movie...

blairerickson fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 21, 2007

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

Jibby Jam posted:

Are those the only pictures you could find? I mean, it's the moulin rouge, you have to play up the sex factor.

Yeah I would fix up the fonts and play up the type of poo poo Zidler screams in the movie like "LURID, SEXUAL, PASSIONATE DANCES!!!" "WOMEN SELLING THEMSELVES FOR MONEY!!!" etc.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess
For those looking to learn a quick text effect trick to make their posters look less photoshop and more old poster...

Step 1: Red text on white background
Step 2: Adjust the transparency of the text so some of it shows through
Step 3: Apply an image on Googling "old paper" set to "multiply" over the picture.
Step 4: Add a blending option of inner glow (from "center") that gives the ink a more faded look.
Step 5: Using the same color red as the text, create a slight "outer glow" with a lot of noise and not a lot of opacity to give that slightly smudged imperfect ink effect.

edit: feel free to grab this file to look at...
http://blairerickson.com/grindtext.psd

blairerickson fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 21, 2007

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

Panadawn posted:

I think a lot of these are beginning to move away from the theme now. Perhaps its time for a vote on the best one?
No poo poo. Apparently some people are clever photoshop wizards and some others do not seem to understand the concept or theme of the thread at all but just decided to post anyway.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

ZappBrannigan posted:

What happened to this one? It's filtered so much it's unreadable.

BrandNewHero posted:

Whew, that was fun! I might put some more work into this later tonight.
I really really like the execution on this one.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

Yossarko posted:

That's a nice poster but I don't think it's very exploitation oriented. It actually looks fairly artistic.

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess
If you think about how American Beauty would sell itself as a "Grindhouse" flick, it would focus on the peeping tom neighbor, the teen sex, the adulterous wife, the repressed gay dad, the kid selling weed, the dad trying to screw the teen cheerleader, and of course the violent ending.

Something like "The perverted truth behind America's closed doors!" "Find out the sexy sinister secrets of our nation's teens!" etc

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess

rear end cobra posted:

Love this one.

Rusted_Halo posted:

Grindhouse films were made and promoted long after the sexploitation sixties, and they encompass a much wider spectrum than the OP's starting image. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the American Beauty poster and wouldn't change a thing. My favorite submissions of the entire thread were the ones which did not simply attempt to parrot existing "Reefer Madness" posters.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I just wanted Yossarko to know his original work was very good in my eyes.
Well any exploitation film has to advertise something trashy and sensational in order to be a true exploitation flick. Otherwise it's just a regular low-budget flick. And part of the fun of Grindhouse movies is their promise of cheap thrills and otherwise shocking content not found elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blairerickson
May 18, 2002

by Eris Is Goddess