Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Thackery Lambshead
Nov 3, 2005

I had this started before I saw the other ones. Curse my wanting to do a true classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thackery Lambshead
Nov 3, 2005

King Awesome posted:

Yeah that's alright, cause yours is drat good. The font you used to spell Casablanca, was that on another poster or did you find it? I like it a lot.

Thanks, my photoshop efforts don't normally turn out very well. The font is actually from The Dark Crystal (I got it from http://www.dafont.com). Took me a while to find that out since it wasn't named properly and I didn't notice it as a movie font... I usually just use whatever I can find that works best.

Thackery Lambshead
Nov 3, 2005
Goddamnit, beaten again.

I tried to make it more exploitation and less pulp this time, I noticed my other one was more "Reefer Madness" than we're going for.

How far will she go? Pretty drat far actually.

edit: if anyone thinks the fold lines look really lovely, I'll put up a different version ASAP. It's an easy fix.

Thackery Lambshead
Nov 3, 2005

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Kinda. It's not really grindhouse "BLOOD! GUTS! SEX!". It's more film noir. But you did make the movie look like something it's not, so that's cool. I like the quotes you have listed, like it's s dark look into suburban life.

The point is that he did the exact opposite that everyone else did in the thread by taking a crappy (although modern) film and making a really classy poster for it. Land of the Dead doesn't need a grindhouse poster, because the movie is in no way classy and there's no joke in making a "SEE Asia Argento survive in THE LAND OF THE DEAD!" tagline.

It's like taking Hostel and making it seem like a cultural exploration/coming-of-age documentary, which is funny. Taking Hostel and making it seem like it's full of blood, guts and sex, not so funny. Ruins the point since that's what the movie is about anyway.