Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Finally! I've been waiting for a thread like this. I love my old Hammarlund HQ-129X. Thing's taken quite a beating over the last 60 years (not in my possession, obviously, but with the Civil Air Patrol), but it's still going strong. Best drat receiver I've had.

AstroZamboni posted:

Short answer is possibly. It would really cause interference with anyone trying to listen to any kind of radio (including cell phones, TVs, and police/fire radios), but would really muck up SW due to the relative weakness of signals. Additionally, anyone transmitting any kind of RF signal could cause interference on the BPL line loving up data streams.

So here we have 2 choices: We could scrap BPL until we can find a better system, or completely say goodbye to any technology utilizing radio. I'd go with scrapping BPL, personally.

Wikipedia has a lot on the subject here.

If I am not mistaken, Japan tried BPL already, with horrible results.

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread