Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I have a Sony 7600GR and had at one point a 100-foot longwire antenna. Radio is cool and I always seem to hear something new despite having to slog through the ten million religious broadcasters.

Gene Scott is still on their air, despite being dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

hoju22 posted:

I bought the el cheapo radioshack handheld and can only pick up a few stations in my apartment

Get a long length of wire and wrap it around your antenna. Also, go outside.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I have sensitive ears, and I bet a lot of new listeners are experiencing the same problems I had with noise.

A few for reducing listening fatigue:

-set your radio's tone control to "news"
-use a CHEAP set of headphones that roll off the highs, alternatively get heaphones designed for communications
-put a 1k ohm resistor between the radio's output and your headphones

Think about it-- the only thing you really want to hear is in the normal human vocal range.

• Locked thread