Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

"a phlegmatic...and certainly undemonstrative [robot]"

AstroZamboni posted:

:words:

Absolutely loving golden.

I'm sold. I'll be buying an E5/G5 within the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

Put me down for $150 for a Grundig G5!

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

I haven't been able to listen to very much yet. But the first thing I did find was one of those crazy preachers. Entertaining stuff!

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

Seriously, I love my new radio, but 75% of every station I pick up is a preacher. Pretty neat, but I need variety!

So far I'm getting broadcasts from Georgia and Florida. I got something in Spanish, but I have no idea if it was Cuban or American.

I'm figuring out what I can do antenna-wise. Probably not much until I move sometime.

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

I live in an apartment. I think I'm going to try to build a broomstick antenna.

Anybody familiar with these?

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/special/bromstik.html

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

My question is, why haven't I heard anything on SSB yet?

I'm using an G5 in the middle of downtown Toronto. I regularly pull in broadcasts from Georgia and Florida, and maybe even Cuba (distances up to 1400 miles). But I've never heard a single thing over SSB. I thought I would be picking up HAMs or some crap like that. I'm using the telescoping antenna that came with the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmbot
Jun 4, 2006

Dolemite posted:

The Cuban number station is back at this momnet. 5.883 MHz, but this time I'm getting a ton of interference. :(

I get some religious show on 5.850 MHz and some preacher talking about VD on 5.890 MHz, but that's it right now.

• Locked thread