Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

HOT BREAD! posted:

I'm a girl, and Berserk is my favorite manga. :colbert:

Seriously. My favorite manga by far. The gore just helps add to the whole desperate feeling of the world of the manga.

I've been bingeing on Berserk these last couple weeks, reading the manga over repeatedly, watching bits of the anime, and generally just looking stuff up. I'm really hoping Elfhelm comes within the next year. Poor Caska has been insane for over a decade now.

Also, I've decided I want to make an avatar of this image from the eclipse:

But I can't think of a caption. The one I keep coming back to is "We're having pancakes?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I'm thinking I should just live my life and forget about it for 1-2 years, then read volumes 1-whatever again. If I do this I'll just get hooked on it at a later date...

This is basically what I did. My last Berserk binge was about 3 years ago. I vaguely kept up in the interim, then the last couple releases inspired me to go back and read everything. Repeatedly. I find a lot of re-read value in Berserk. I tend to follow the battle scenes a lot more closely than when I'm devouring chapter after chapter to find out what happens next.

Also, wanting to see some of the later scenes animated, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos from the PS2 game.

I laughed out loud for a good 30 seconds at "Demons? In My girlfriend?" but the pancakes still hold my heart. I just love the expression on his face there. He looks either terrified or REALLY excited.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Forest Fuckery posted:

I just hope he won't pull a Robert Jordan on us.

Miura started Berserk right out of college, so he's not far beyond 40 (born 1966 according to Wikipedia). He's cute, too.

Found the pic, he's on the left, and I believe this is 2002:

Much hotter than Robert Jordan, anyway.

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 26, 2007

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Has anyone seen this image before?

Apparently Miura made an april fool's image for Young Animal. Besides the obvious joke here I think a time jump might actually be possible in this story. It's happened before. Either way, we're still stuck with this one for the long haul. :(

Sorry to let everyone down, but this wasn't Miura, it was an April Fools done by the guys over at skullknight.net. I'm not sure if you can access it without a membership, but the guy who shopped it talks about it here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12.250

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Leonard Leroy posted:

I left this manga alone for 2 years or so, and came back thinking that caska would be healed, and they would have met the fairy king by then.

Hahahahahahaha.

:(

The Eclipse happened in, I believe, 1998. Caska has been broken for 10 years.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

I read this, went into the next room to tell my boyfriend, then stutteringly denied the possibility when he said "neat... what if it sucks?"

The Twitter is all commercial announcements so far :<.
Here's where they'll show up: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 28, 2010

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
Commercial 4 is just the same animation we've seen in the previous three plus the words "Berserk comes alive."

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

OMG ITZ JAMES posted:

Just finished reading Berserk 1-34, my first time reading it.

AMAZING. Berserk is the poo poo.

Yeah, I just did a re-read after the movie announcement. Re-re-cemented as my favorite manga.

Also, I watched through some of this guy's subtitled playthrough of the PS2 game, and one of the first things Puck says is "let's hurry to Elfhelm!" This game came out in 2004.

Edit: This manga is beautiful:

Click here for the full 1975x1400 image.

Click here for the full 2033x1400 image.

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 26, 2011

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

ANIME AKBAR posted:

For everyone who is sick of waiting for new berserk, go read Sin Angyo Onshi, if you haven't already. It's by far the manga that deserves to be compared to berserk the most. And it's finished, so no more waiting for chapters.

I read this recently on the recommendation of the Seinen thread. It is very good, and the artwork is amazing, but it does have a lot of little things that bug me (For example, I thought a lot of the humor seemed forced or maybe out of place, and Kye Wol Hyang's characterization wasn't that great. Also Sando's impossible outfit.). I think going in with the expectation of it being "like Berserk but Korean" made me more critical of it. I really did like the Korean folklore tidbits at the end of every chapter, and Munsu is just awesome.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Jimmybob posted:

Also, is volume 34 out in Japan?

35 is out in Japan as of last September or so. I haven't seen a US release date for it, yet.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The new chapter is nice and all, but I'm more excited about the new anime project they talked about on the first page. Do we have any new news about whether it's a new series or an OVA or something to go with the next volume?

It's the movie! Discussion in this thread about it starts on page 62.

Edit: Oh, I see you've posted since then so you know about it! The wording is a little vague, but I'm pretty sure it's talking about the movie. The other recent chapters say the same thing.

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Sindai posted:

How much does the first film cover, exactly?

Guts x Griffith 4 lyfe.

I haven't seen the film myself, but I've heard that it ends (I guess I'll spoiler this) post-assassination, when Guts and Caska head over to Griffith at the ball and Guts overshears Griffith's speech to Charlotte about who a real friend of his would be. So basically, I expect the end of the movie to be what's going on at the end of this preview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NDDzEeNAI.