Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zelmel posted:

Super-deformed. Like when puck makes all of his jokes and such.

the weeaboo word for that is "chibi" i suppose.

Zorak posted:

BERSERK-Y-OH!

YES i havent been keeping up with the chapters lately and that made me snicker.

"I SUMMON SKULL KNIGHT BLACK EYES!"

"I SUMMON ZODD OF BROKEN HORN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
ah yeah thats right, i totally forgot about SD Gundam. i just end up hearing "chibi" used alot more often.

wouldnt chibi tend to have sort of a cute look where SD would be more of like, parody?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Tupperwarez posted:

No, no, this is Berserk. The shockwave will hit the cashier so hard, their eyeballs will pop from their sockets.

christ, i laughed so hard my desk shook. loving awesome. i cant wait to play berserk for the ps2. im gonna be beside myself.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I really don't know how Miura is able to release chapters "whenever he feels like it". Doesn't he want to finish it and move on? Last I heard he was projecting the series to be 50 volumes, and if he keeps going the rate he's going we'll all be 15 years older by that time.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zoolooman posted:

Fifty to sixty volumes, yeah, but nobody is absolutely sure of that number. Sources for this kinda thing are rare. He is allowed to write them slowly because he isn't merely making them whenever he feels like it. He's making them as fast as he can mostly by himself.

But I thought he had a small like 5 man team going at one point? And the source was the interview on the DVD.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zoolooman posted:

He does. Studio Gaga works with him on some chapters, doesn't on others. Also, awesome, an interview. Which DVD?

On the back of the box set that I have.
Looks like this:

Link to buy here.

This is the back, click for big.

Zorak posted:

He has stated repeatedly that Berserk is his magnum opus, his life's work, his masterpiece. He wants it to be perfect and lasting.

It shows.

I wasn't insulting his work by any means, I love it. I'm just complaining is all :smith:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Taumpy Tearrs posted:

I'm ordering the first three volumes from Darkhorse as we speak. :patriot:

Tellin' you right now, poo poo gets much better around volume 6 the first time reading it. When I first read it, I didn't like it until around volume 6. Then again, I didn't watch the anime first. ;)

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zorak posted:

Maybe Guts is going to get a new party member someday :)

I agree with this post. This is exactly what I was thinking. Also, thanks Miura for another 2-page spread of Griffith! Now can we see Guts in the same limelight, he's the cooler character anyways.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Jedah posted:

I'm not sure Gatsu can murder Griffith, or if he does, it's going to have to be the very last manga ever in the Berserk storyline, because then it will be pretty boring afterward.

Honestly, this used to be my favorite manga (or just overall illustrated series, for that matter). I've been reading it since 2002, and it's totally gone down hill lately with all this pussyfooting around and the incredible delays.

One way to really revitalize things would be to make an animated series again. All the events up until now, with the same team that did the last series. That might be difficult since they drat near decided to omit half of the vital details from the events up to the birth of Femto, even going so far as to change important plot lines for no real reason. :(

I think it ended up being a matter of time constraints really, because Miura was pretty actively involved in the first season. I believe they sent him the script and stuff, and he OK'd it.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
God drat, he's really sticking it to us. The next chapter wont be out till my birthday, and he leaves us on a damned cliffhanger.

I can't wait to see the outcome of this, especially since (I think?) he's on Guts' side.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Twitch posted:

Are there any non-bittorrent ways to get the new releases? (I'm using a school network) From extensive googling, I've only been able to find up to 294, and they aren't the Evil Genius versions. Rapidsearch only seems to come up with the raws, and those don't do me any good.

http://gotlurk.net/

Dunno if thats ok, just tell me and i'll remove it.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

I thought the thing died though...? Either way it was a bunch of bugs :colbert:

As for Guts, he somehow either will have to part with that Armor, learn to control it, or sacrifice his friends and probably, if not hypocritically, achieve his goals of defeating Griffith. That's what I'll assume anyways for the time being.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

RipVTide posted:

Holy gently caress! :dance:

Goes without saying you need to post where you read this. Like right now.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zorak posted:

You're quite gullible, I think.

Just very impatient sometimes. :(

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Come on, it's the 23rd, where's my Berserk for my bday? :)
Edit: Raw isIt's out.

Hung Yuri fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 23, 2008

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Prediction:

Griffith defeats the king.
Has backing of the pope and beating the "demon that will end the world"
Gets kingship.
Guts usurps king in a big epic battle.

Story over.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
When I used to subscribe to NewType every time a Berserk volume'd come out, it'd top the charts for that month, but never appear on it until the next release. This would be pretty common for it to be the top 3 seller for that month.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Dunno about Japan, but when I had NewtypeUSA whenever the latest Berserk volume would be released it would be on the top 5 purchased series for that month, but not even on the top 10 for any other month that it wasn't.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Wait, they're meeting who now? I've totally forgotten what they've supposed to been doing up until now because all I remember is GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH OH MY GOD GRIFFITH.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Why the hell is he taking breaks again? What's he so busy with? Maybe he's drawn the recent chapter like 3 times because he's not satisfied with it. :v:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Then when he came back she'd ride his sword and whisper in his ear "I'm pregnant with demonspawn" and Guts would scream "GRIFFFFFFFIIIIITTTTHHHHHHHH!!!"

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Mr. Deathy posted:

Saw a rumour of new chapter on 24th. No source though so don't get your hopes up yet...not worth the disappointment if it's not.

It really should be due by now though so I wont discount it. Miura must be planning on finishing the series someday...

Oh come on you know Miura just loves blueballing his fans.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Geop posted:

Gonna come back with a chapter focusing on Griffith again. Or the boat making it a few feet further :smith: Fast-forward to Elfheim or whatever it's called and get Caska un-broken. I wonder if she'll be of much use in combat at all should she get free =x

You can never recover from PTSD :S

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm placing :10bux: on Zorak's prediction.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Andrigaar posted:

This is also assuming the king let him keep the physical parts required for said rape. Seeing as the guy was super-jealous over what happened, I could see him putting in the request for their removal.

If it's shown that he's still true-blue, then I blame fact that I read all that material several years ago.

I'm pretty sure when the egg-dude granted him a new body that he got his penis back. That is, if it was cut off, although with the torturer thing going on I'm pretty sure it was the first thing to get cut off.

Edge Zero posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she joined Griffith again, I mean, she seemed to be into it when he was Femto and raping her.

:goonsay:

Maybe Guts should rape her for enjoying it.
:goonsay:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Ok I'm getting all confused now. Maybe it wasn't cut off, but I was saying it's likely because of well, you know.

Also why did I start up a discussion of if he has a penis or not. gently caress me.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Oh poo poo. I just got that now. I guess I haven't been keeping up on that one lately :(

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
You can't look at everything griffith has done and not want guts to just poo poo on his parade. That sort of satisfaction might not make a happy ending, but as long as griffith gets what's coming to him, it's a "happy ending" in my book.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
when we do get an update, can a mod change the thread title to "OH GOD A BERSERK UPDATE :flashfap:"

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Captain Controversy posted:

I love how one of them's still his beautiful self.

GUESS WHICH ONE

Why, Zodd of course :v:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Jesus Miura, make more 2 page spreads why don't you (seriously).

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

tsob posted:

I worked out a deal with my local comic book store a few days ago to buy all of certain long running series' in one go, for 10% discount. I asked for Monster first, since that was the one that happened to be there, and catch my eye. Since Berserk is next on my list, and I've never seen it in store - is it too in those tiny tankoban formats, or is there larger versions available?

I don't mind the small size of most manga, but Berserk could really use something more akin to western comics' trade paper backs and if there's any chance at all that such a thing exists, or will at some point in the future I just want to know now and save my monies.

They're roughly 5"x7.25" so does that help? They sell them in my local Boarders here in redneck country USA.

It's funny you should say that because I showed volume 1 to a friend ages ago and he thought it looked too "american".

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

SeedyV posted:

I think this problem would occur despite the connection speed:

What the christ...

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
So I assume that his followers aren't entirely stupid, save for one groupie :sigh:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Who the gently caress cares

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
No it's because bitches ain't poo poo and Guts knows this :smug:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
It's not interesting to read because it's an inane argument

Who cares if it's slightly sexist, if you've got a problem there are much better candidates for sexism than this.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Kind of cheesy with decent special effects. I don't like the sword cam though.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I thought the costume was pretty decent though, the knees maybe not so much but the rest was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
New chapter? :buddy:

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Is this manga over yet?

D: