Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

What we need is for ufotable to do a Berserk anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tits are good imo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CryingAthena posted:

I hate the double-standard that Nina's embodying in the anime right now: the whole "I and a load of heretics had an orgy and cannibalism night and killed an innocent man but YOU GOTTA DITCH THE MENTALLY RETARDED* CHICK SHE'S THE ISSUE HERE" line of thinking. For all I care she should just jump off a cliff.

Guts showing up just makes everything better, at least there's that. :allears:

*as the other girls in the camp consider her to be at this point

Nina's just a wretched person and I'm glad she's dying (though I suppose maybe the Magic Griffith Wind could have cured her)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

okay I was not expecting Manifico and Puck to actually attempt the coup, that was hilarious

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh my god lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I always figured they'd give Wyald a weird high-ish voice like that because he's basically a monkey. Still jarring though

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

And here I thought I'd have to wait until the next chapter to see people getting torn to shreds

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wow this thread seems to really hate Wyald

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

Hahaha that Wyald edit is amazing, how have I never seen that before

well, I made it this morning, so

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Awww gently caress yeah, Bloodborne Guts

Casca's winter outfit looks fine to me. Didn't imagine it as a pink outfit but w/e

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh, huh. I only watched the first anime, and that was like 15 years ago

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh my god :stonk:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I wish they'd added Ludwig from Bloodborne as a crossover playable character instead

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My gifs folder is ready

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Crabtree posted:

The gently caress is that broken doll thing?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

rough story boards for the next chapter.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:same:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't wait for the show to eclipse the manga

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Is it time to post idolmaster again?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Good soup! posted:

New opening: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5hixyt

This is going to be bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How it looked to us

What it was to her

Funny little panel turned out super important and I love it

Yeah I loved this part, especially that you can see all the fires in the distance behind Guts

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

Doing my every few years re-read of Berserk.

At the end of the battle with the Count when they cut to Gut's crying/getting choked up as he walks away from the Count's daughter, I'm curious what everyone's read on that was?

Was the uncaring tough guy act just a facade the whole time and he's finally cracking under the unrelenting horribleness of his situation, or was it something else I may have missed?

Saving the Count's daughter from falling to her death made Guts think about Casca

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah some dude in Midland recognized him but he was alone and brushed it off with "That man is dead." style thing I think. Also dude might be dead at this point considering what Midlands been through since then.

:edit: Sir Owen, leader of one of the Midland Knights groups. Not sure if he's still hanging around Falconia.

Guts was telling the group he was mercenary buds with Griffith a couple chapters ago

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao at everyone grumbling as they force themselves to watch a bad show

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Guts's sword is going to use the behilit to become an apostle sword for Griffith to use

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love the way the guy's shoulders just kinda lazily move about

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

okay now that I'm viewing this on a computer and not my phone, I see that Zodd isn't actually crushing the guy's skull with his hand, but is instead smushing him into the ground :lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Makes me want to play through Parasite Eve again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You know you want to see their attempt to animate the pirate sea monster as it eats a bunch of Roderick's crew

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Me after reading this chapter:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Guys I'm worried the author is running out of ideas because these monsters are completely new

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Since we're on hiatus again we should change the thread title

I </3 Dicks: spewing hiatus all over our Berserk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

why is her hair blue

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It's pretty jarring, especially when every other human character has a natural hair color iirc

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yup, no mention of behilits either, so there's actually very little foreshadowing about the Eclipse

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The opening doesn't tell you poo poo about what activating a behilit entails

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mozgus can go eat a dick

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nah he was just a normal human, but near the end of the arc he and his entourage got stung by the behilit apostle and turned into pseudo-apostles

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh no they're not all grand. It just seems like a ton of demons if they're really all people who got behelits. That's like, thousands of thousands of behelits.

Would make sense to me if there were demons just living outside of reality, or if the godhand could just manifest demons at will that don't require a human origin.

I'm pretty sure there are actually thousands of behilits. You can see a bunch of them being made by the Idea of Evil in the deleted chapter. Turning into an apostle seems to prevent death by aging, so unless apostles are being killed at regular intervals, you are going to have a ton of them by the time the Eclipse happens 800-something years after the first member of the Godhand was born. If anything, the number of apostles there for the Eclipse seems too small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Without the Black Swordsman arc to set things up, you don't go through the Golden Age knowing that Griffith is going to use the behilit to summon the four angels and offer at least Guts as a sacrifice. Thanks to that, the events of the Eclipse seem random as gently caress. I thought Berserk was just an okay series until I actually picked up the manga and realized that there's actually a coherent narrative