Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Gwynne posted:

I'm confused by your post. It is a complex topic but maybe you could clear it up.

So you think that when Griffith fused with Guts' child he just took the physical flesh and kicked out its "soul"? Griffiths response to Guts while fighting Zodd was because he fused with the body/mind not the soul?

If I understood your post correctly... Is there anything in the manga that supports the body/mind/soul view of people? And if the childs soul is separate from Griffith, wandering the earth only able to take on a physical form during a full moon, why was Zodd seen in volume 28 when Casca was found with the boy?

I don't think there's anything like that in the manga so far. The most we've seen is a mind/body duality via all the Gut's getting possessing, kid witch knocking him out of it. I do still feel that the moon child is Gut's and Casca's child if untainted, the demon baby is the tainted version, and that Griffith is taking the place of the child in some way (as evidenced by his feelings toward Guts/Casca post-resurrection and Zodd being with the moon child.) Maybe during the full moon Griffith turns into the moonchild?

Also I doubt this is going to happen in the next five years, but I'd really like to see how screwed up human society is by the age of myth starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Algid posted:

That was because of the ritual where he used the other demon to somehow make Munsu sick and turn his girlfriend into a zombie. It's not because of the fact that Munsu released him.

I still don't get what Sando is supposed to be though, some sort of dragon?

Sando is a dragon from the moon or something; it's been a while since I've read SAO. There's a side story or a chapter that explicitly says it (the one with Sando's old boyfriend/caretaker). I think the significance of that is that not all monsters are evil/should be destroyed or something in contrast to the head little kid face angel demon is from the moon too?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

quote:

Also here's that 327th chapter of Berserk.
No date for the next chapter because that's the way Miura rolls.

The most significant part of this chapter was the subtitle. Oh god how long is Miura going to cocktease us...

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I think it's possible the setup is going to be if you restore Caska's memories/defeat Griffith moonchild is going to die/revert to demon child. It'd make sense for why Caska wouldn't want her memories restored.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

genericnick posted:

I wonder what the other members of the Godhand are up to. Would they cooperate with or oppose Grifith now that he turned the world into his garden? Do they also have zones of influence like Falconia? Or was it just his turn this time?

I thought it was fairly unambiguous that the whole point of Griffith becoming Femto and changing the world into Fantasia was to let God Hand manifest physically in the world without any sort of possession restrictions (like Slan during the goblin/troll portion). What Laban said on pg 11 seems pretty telling; things are more interesting/high fantasy after the transformation, but it was better before when it was just men and not monsters everywhere. Especially with the white/black bird (Falcon? Hawk?) prophecy way back when Farnese was still chasing after him as a knight, it seems likely that Guts will act as a necessary "evil" returning the world to its non-fantasy state. Reality is cruel, but nothing good can come out of worshipping/relying on supernatural forces. I'm just waiting for the reveal 20 years from now where Falconia turns into a butcher shop/monster breeding horror pit and Guts finally dives in to clean it up again.

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 14, 2013

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I just went to check EG and saw the preview all the way back in April :smithicide: Also that falcon statue has a pretty dumb expression.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Miura really wants in on that SnK hype.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/gigantomakhia/5

Giant wrasslin' time :allears:

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 5, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-10/berserk-manga-slated-to-resume-on-april-11

it's been a long 1.3 years

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

I think the last estimate he gave came out to something like another 10-15 years before it finishes, assuming he keeps up some semblance of a pace.

So another 30-45 chapters?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

LordMune posted:

The last chapter (it's a bonus) of everyone's favorite piss manga is out. The peepee serves both more humorous and plot-expository purposes now.

The other, less urinary Miura manga is still on-track for mid-April.

The backgrounds and the setting were great but this couldn't have ended on a creepier note.

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 25, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Raws for Berserk 334 have emerged. I can't believe it's been a year...

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I'm a lot less worried than when just the bath scenes raws were released - there's some hinting that not everything is prefect and Rickert isn't falling head over heels with Griffith.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Farnese got boring after her conversion to magical girl
Schierke started magical girls
Luca owns
pre-rape Casca owns the most

All the princesses are boring as hell though

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
All your spoiler hintings about how Miura is back to pre id@lmaster days and all that happens is that Erica gets captured and a horse gets split in half? Really?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

It's what Griffith's apostle army is called in the Dark Horse translation.

Were they given a specific name in the EG translations?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

this. it also reinforces the theme throughout the story of god/fate/destiny being capricious/evil and not trusting them. shes raped by the person who she viewed as an angel sent to save her from rape. meanwhile for guts he sees the person who gave him the impetus to seek meaning in his life, take the meaning that he found away from him.

The Eclipse event is amazingly well-written and all the set-up for it thematically and plot-wise was perfect. The additional troll rape, boring demon goat sex cult thing (seriously, considering it's Miura, playing off of a horror cliche as trite as this is almost shockingly passe for Berserk), and especially the possessed Farnese sex thing (there was a horse right?) is kinda unnecessary. That being said if there's not a 30 page spread of bodily horrors when the Falcon city finally is unveiled as the climax this series will be a huge let down.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
demons bad griffith bad casca good gutsu good

there I solved Berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
:nws: https://mangadex.org/chapter/743545 :nws:

Duranki 3. Thanks EG!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)