Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ccs posted:

But they're friendly mermaids. For once Miura didn't make the fantasy creatures be all rapey or tear people's flesh with their teeth. Instead they have magic songs that cleanse evil. He must be going soft.

You can't just make everything bleak all the time. You gotta give that little bit of hope, so that when it's finally all taken away it stings even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

And this chapter tells us Griffiths plan

https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/berserk/69/14/

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the thing I'm curious about more than anything else, in any fiction I'm currently into that's ongoing, is that the other shoe is going to be with Falconia. It's been shown time in time again in Berserk; nothing is gained without sacrifice, and right now Griffith is the literal salvation to every person in Midland. There is going to be a downside to all of this, it's going to be a doozy.

We've already heard the prophecy. Griffith is going to sacrifice every person in falconia, become a god and usher in a new age of darkness

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

threeagainstfour posted:

I remember the age of darkness part, but where are you getting that he specifically is going to sacrifice the people in Falconia?

It seems like the age of darkness was kicked off with the human world and the spirit world merging into one and the God Hand becoming corporeal.

I'm basing it on the fact that Falconia is built upon a dead city of sacrifices. He'll probably do it again.

See this: http://i.imgur.com/T4UXVwC.jpg

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, the old kushan magician used to ride around on a giant bird and he now secretly keeps 'a monster' in the barn. Griffith gathers every monster he can find to sate his apostles. The magician and his pet might not have warranted attention before, but it isn't like there are an infinite number of monsters out there. If events work out like I think, this might be the first crack we see in falconia.

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Rakshas

The first crack is this dude, look how goddamn sneaky he looks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

nehezir posted:

right, right. Fart jokes and being an rear end in a top hat are the pinnacle of comedy.

they are

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Hahaha, what was it this time? Something like 6 releases before he burnt out?

Pwom, dwink da nectar

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

With no God Hand to help explain things, that first Eclipse must've been so confusing for the person who became Void.

maybe the eclipse became what it is because of his inner desire to punish those around him. every other eclipse is just the others adding on to his

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So what would be the theoretical climax be? Casca tricking Griffith into making himself vulnerable for an attack? Making him finally admit that he regrets the loss of the real band for a hollow dream that never ends?

guts ruins enough of griffith's plans that he gets desperate and sacrifices the city, or it was his plan all along and he sacrifices the city. he succeeds and guts somehow finds a way through and kills him, or guts stops him before it happens. griffith is killed when momentarily distracted at his dream finally coming true

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

temple posted:

berserk's supernatural elements comes from people wanting reasons. saw something spooky in the woods? it was a dragon. wife dies in childbirth? evil witch. orphan abandoned by parents? demon child. have a good life? it was fated. have a bad life? it was fated. its simple as hell and people inevitably make it complicated.

oh yeah? then wheres Santa Claus, smart guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pwome drink da nectar