Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The berserk musou is flawed but god drat is it fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Who loving cares about the Kentucky derby

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Edit wrong thread lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i want to see miura do a kentucky derby manga

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1. fuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuu miura

2. holy god drat poo poo the art is amazing as always

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Diabetic posted:

I honestly wonder what Miura will do with himself when/if he finally finishes?

I hope he isn't too upset on how pure poo poo the anime looks, considering how much time he put into the art of the manga himself.

Hugely unlikely, but it would be cool to move on to some kind of producer or supervisory role on a proper adaptation that wouldn't be in the hands of some loving dipshit who waits until the last minute to decide what art style to use and sabotages the whole thing in general

(Or in the hands of people that decide cutting stuff like the Bonfire of Dreams scene in favor of ballroom dancing or that utterly pointless change to the Boscogn duel which I will always be salty about)

Edit: just get the fuckin Pokemon crew back to do it at this point, god drat

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, Griffith found a way to travel directly to Elfheim and can bring an army with him.

yeah jesus gently caress I had the same thought, my immediate response was "this is definitely not good"

Miura is good, though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holyyyyyy gently caress they are not kidding with how incredible this is, just got mine from Amazon today

Look at this poo poo omfg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can't wait for the later volumes where the art gets truly insane, I think I'm going to sell my old volumes as I slowly replace them with these

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The 97 series worked very well without Wyald and had the incredibly satisfying charge by Guts on the smug commander holding griffith

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Wylad loving sucked and I was upset when he was one of the unlockable characters in the Berserk Musou. There were way more better characters to pick and they pick that douchebag.

I enjoyed the hell out of the musou, but including Wyald and not the Skull Knight? :cmon:

Getting the berserker armor in that game was so satisfying

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rereading those original few chapters and man, the Black Swordsman stuff is dope if only with those one liners and quips from Guts

"Couldn't agree more." before a kick to the fuckin face and shattering teeth and bone or just "Thanks for the tip." when he takes the Count's head off the tentacle thing :discourse:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Oh. Okay. Now I can see why people are conflicted about the movies. Can't believe they left out the campfire of dreams part. That was one of the parts that completely bought me over when watching the anime.

Did you pass the fight between Boscogn and Guts because lmao forever at that utterly pointless and hilarious change they made to the ending of it

They did a bunch of things right but so many changes were just :psyduck:

A cool and good thing was how they put the Skull Knight in but took out everything with Godo and Erica so people who are getting into Berserk via the movies will have no loving clue who they are in the 2016 series and people who got into it via the 97 series will have no idea who the gently caress Skull Knight is

Why the gently caress do the people involved in the animation side of this series have brain damage

Edit: not directed at the 97 series that operated within clearly defined limits on budget/story stuff, the films and newer series suffer from bad directing and writing overall with little room for excuses imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol gently caress man, saw so many posts and I wanted another Berserk chapter but uh :yikes:

Anyway, is there any final word on just how bad the sales were for the recent animated series blurays/dvds because I remember reading something about how its sales (globally, too) were especially and deservedly abysmal