Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Zorak posted:

Even then it moves from low quality to "HOLY gently caress THIS IS AWESOME" quality pretty fast. The first part of volume one is somewhat iffy, but occasional drawings in it just show entirely Miura's skill even then. I think part of it was him not having developed his "welp, I'm taking four months off to draw individual bits of armor for the upcoming chapters" side of meticulousness.

If you want to see how impressive it gets, look at Zodd's initial appearance after his first transformation, and then at his most recent appearance. He was a pretty scary dude all the time, but in the recent issues he's looked more like a terrifying force of nature than a simple bloodthirsty monster.

I'm greatly enjoying Dark Horse's release and am gratified that they've kept their pace up-- in another year or two, they'll be all caught up with the Japanese run. I am hoping that Miura wraps things up by... oh, I dunno, volume 50. Of course, that will be in 2086 and he'll be a brain in a jar with a robot stylus attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Zorak posted:

I think its fairly obvious the Skull Knight is in fact not an Apostle, but rather more like what Guts is; a branded one, but one who for the sake of fighting and becoming stronger through external means consumed his own body and humanity in the process.

I agree with the theory that the Skull Knight is Gaiseric, the first emperor of Midland, who ruled the entire continent until the God Hand decided to punish him on a whim-- that's why he really seems to have it out for them, and Void in particular.

I love the idea of Griffith building his powers with an eye on toppling the God Hand (and eventually the Idea) himself. Like everyone else, though, I just want more! Hurry up dammit, the Dark Horse releases are almost caught up! (I want larger format hardcover editions, btw.)

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Captain Controversy posted:

And horrible man-faced horse rape?

Don't forget troll rape.

I've been following this story for six years... and I'm one of the newer fans! :smith: I couldn't imagine being a Japanese fan... I imagine legions of men in their late 30s/early 40s who picked it up when they were 18-21, and now pretty much only subscribe to Young Animal to read Berserk.