Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Just posting to say that I decided to check out the 1st volume after alot of Berserk pages showed up in 'Post your favorite badass panel' threads.

I was pretty amazed, I had always dismissed Berserk for some reason, possibly due to its fantasy setting. Volume 1 changed my mind, and I pretty much lost it when Guts had his first epicly drawn freak out in which someone or something ends up in 2 pieces. Now I'm up to volume 20 and continuing to enjoy it, even if the story can get a bit convoluted. My only disappointment in the fact that it has so many volumes is that it will make buying them all expensive.

edit: SOmething that annoys me in Volume 28, when Serpico and the kid are talking about the Band of the Hawk defeating the Chuder army and what not, they mention the raid leader who killed a billion guys etc and was the cause of the victory, and they don't know his name. Then they ask Guts what merc. band he was in, and he just blows them off. loving tell them how badass you are! Don't leave them in the dark.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
In regards to Casca: I took what the skull guy and company have said to mean that when Casca comes out of her idiot state she might go back to Griffith. Or not want to continue on with Guts quest for revenge. I'm hoping she sticks with Guts but who knows what hosed up direction it could be taken.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I think it is pretty obvious Farnese wants to jump Guts. Infact, for some reason every girl wants to jump Guts.

Must be the sword.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
band of the hawk scans tankoubons, so maybe they haven't got 31 yet.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The only zelda where the princess is gang raped by mutants and gannon, and those guys with acorn hats turn into shambling monstrosities.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Blue Behelits bring you to the real world

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

EVIR Gibson posted:

Is this a joke on my post? I know he has one but a different color

Its a nicely aged matrix joke, no more, no less.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Zorak posted:

Why would you get it on the arm. That doesn't even make sense. Sure it's probabally possible but seriously. Why not just on the neck, Guts style?

If you read the comic, you'll notice each of the Band of the Hawk got one, and many times on a different place other than the neck. One guy was branded on his face :laugh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Why did I have to suddenly get into a glacially slow manga :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Both of you should know that using spoiler tags improperly for jokes can get you probated. If half the poo poo in spoil tags isnt real then whats the point of them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

sephiroth669 posted:

I'm not bothered by the SD as much as dressing him up in modern/random clothing and making contemporary gags and references. This is not a funny manga :colbert:

I beg to differ

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont know what you guys are arguing, im saying that entire page is hilarious. First the absurdity of guts maiming a tiger demon in two, then the stunned reaction of the crowd.

Berserk is grim funny.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

How do you guys cope with the release schedule of Berserk?

I just recently got into Berserk, which is bad because that means I devoured all 1 billion volumes of it in 3 days and now I get to wait for the snails pace. If I start thinking about Berserk I might re-read some of my favorite volumes, like the eclipse or 1-3 or something.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I always thought that the dagger throwing dude whose name I forget was a little girl.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Leppy posted:

After reading the first 11 volumes i'd say the most disturbing image i've seen so far would have to have been when: young Guts was raped...
It's a guarantee that there will be something more mindfucking(no pun intended) that later on right?
I really hope so because it's fun to be shocked like that.

Oh, and to those speaking of his other works..
Is there any type of continuation going with the comic JAPAN or is there just going to be the one volume?

Oh yea, dude, you don't even know what you're in for.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Kushan Imitation :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
what in the gently caress is going on in that chapter :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
How come no one seems to give a gently caress that Griffith's army is made up of mutants and monsters :(

Humanity :doom:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Sindai posted:

Yeah, I think the only times they've used apostle form to fight they've been alone, so the rest of the world just thinks they're huge badasses instead of demons.

They have an entire division of GIANTS and mutants who run on 4 legs!! He deployed them against Kushan's army like, every time!

They saved Mule's stupid group of idiots!! No one cares :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Zorak posted:

Yes, they're just monstrously strong people though. As opposed to when they transform into their apostle forms they become simply monsters.

Dude, no way, the mutant raiders led by Zodd are all kinds of hosed up looking. They're gross :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Things will all be rectified with the inevitable 6 double splash pages of Guts cutting Griffith in half, reminind us all how badass and aweosme Guts is :cool:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Schubalts posted:

But what about Guts? I mean, he almost did it too, when the beast within his soul started loving with his mind.

demon rape urges

edit: or maybe Casca is just fine

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Double splash page of godly light shining behind a decapitated griffith, omg sugoi griffithkun hes so amazing!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TheOneOutside posted:

Guts has already has had a clean shot at Griffith since he started forming his party.

Guess what he chose?

When???

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I didn't understand the post sequence, but now I get it :shobon: I wasn't quite sure what TheOneOutside was talking about in that 'guess what he chose' deal.

Yea Guts is gonna annihilate Griffith when he gets the chance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Griffith is technically an apocalyptic demon god, so perhaps he'll just brutally rape him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Did the fantasmic juice cure Guts of his burns? (spoiler for guts this chapter)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress does this rear end in a top hat take so many breaks

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

varo posted:

There's gotta be at least one apostle that's a giant penis, there's no way they're all vaginas.

They do, but they are always spiked club headed penii. Basically the worst looking things ever

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Slan got the coveted power of turning any land mass into fleshy tits. Though in practice this works better on hills and troll entrails than most other things.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Moth girl craters. Kid goes back and vows to be braver or whatever. Guts literally kills like 1000 babies.

Awesome.

I just re-read that up until the Kushan army starts becoming the focus. I really dislike that. I want more Gutts being awesome, less giant deformed elephants :argh:

And mostly because the kushan arc thats currently going on features a lot of "Remember that raid leader who killed 100s of guys? What was his name?" With Gutts standing right there.

Fuckkkkkkkk you're awesome gutts, let everyone know :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I like realistic fighting Guts, but I think the armor is ok. It has huge negative drawbacks, its dangerous for him to wear it and even be around his team, and its necessary because the stakes have grown so much. He needed the Skull Knight to escape the eclipse and a lot of lucky coincidences to escape prior encounters that would have killed him so its not like he hasn't had 'plot armor' before.

Plus it was semi-necessary to get the witch lady to look into Guts thoughts and see what a hosed up dude he is.

And I like it when Monsters are like, "haw haw we're monsters, suck it, humans!" :haw: and then guts is all like :c00l: :black101: and then the monsters are all like :aaa:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Andrigaar posted:

Because of this thread I got cracking the first ASoIaF book finally.

70/670 pages in and so far it was tame with lots and lots of internal feelings and thought processes. Like Dune actually. I was thinking this book wouldn't go anywhere as treacherous as Berserk until page 72 and the line "The things I do for love" appeared. What followed made me go :aaaaa:

Now to wait for it to get rapetastic since this will be my main distraction while the current arc of Berserk takes its sweet time.

Good job, you've managed to find a distraction for a series that is barely creeping along with a series that will literally never be finished. You must have lost your head, how blind can you be???

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ASoFaI is good and interesting, but the author blows and is a fat poo poo. No denying the books own, tho they are on a larger scale than Berserk. Its the same interesting stuff, with a fairly fleshed out world, blah blah blah.

Its becoming an HBO show so go ahead and read it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

WickedIcon posted:

Berserk, also known as George R.R. Martin's Waiting for Godot.

At least Japanese people have some of the longest average lifespans, GRRM is going to turn into a greasy cinnabun in like 2 years.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Someone find this panel, but I think its one of the most BERSERK panels in existence. In the part of the story where Grisha guys invade that city and Guts is in a ballroom, a giant mutated tiger busts in and guts like i dunno cuts it in half or something length wise and the panel is just guts doing that then everyone at the party having a reaction face.

thats berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The Abyss Watchers armor is basically Guts blackwordsman armor, built for Berserk dress up.