Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Maverix0r posted:

Oh god, they call him Gatts in the official translation?

Better than the US version of the Dreamcast game calling him Gutsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The important thing is that when they get to Elfhelm, Guts will get at least one treasure he needs to beat the next boss.

Yes, I just implied that the basic plot of Berserk is basically the Legend of Zelda.

Only it's twice as awesome.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
New translation up! http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/files/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v33c287.rar.torrent

This chapter adds a bit to some of the discussions we've been having in regards to Casca .

I'm guessing that if she ever gets her mind healed, she'll still be too broken of a person to be a warrior again.

edit: Whoops, not a new chapter.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 18, 2007

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zelmel posted:

Wasn't that posted on the previous page? You got my hopes up for a second that somehow another chapter had been published :(

Sorry everyone, I missed the link on the last page. Feel free to chastise me for this.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xali posted:

If it turns out that when they get to Elfland it's burnt down to the ground, all the elves except one have been killed in grotesque ways, the king impaled on a spike, and upon seeing Guts the last elf who is barely alive mutters: "you!" and then dies, I am going to stand up from my chair and start applauding like a madman.

Agreed. There's always the chance that Guts will not be healed, but rather he will become more hosed up and deformed as time goes on.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

That happens every loving time he meets someone new. He should just have a pamphlet about himself ready to hand out.

Sindai posted:

"I may cut a giant demon in half at any moment. DO NOT BE ALARMED. This is intended behavior."

Sindai posted:

"I may cut a giant demon in half at any moment. DO NOT BE ALARMED. This is intended behavior."

This needs to be actually made (at least in post with screenshots form), if nothing else, it would make an awesome introductory post when someone makes another Berserk thread in a few years. Or just a good way to explain Berserk to nonbelievers.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to have to agree, go with the pancakes title. Funny custom titles are the best when they're funny without having to know any context.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While I'm still waiting for another classic Berserk dudes getting chopped in half chapter, the sea battle was kinda cool, and the nightmare was badass, and beautiful in a sort of minimalist way.

Also, hooray! only about two weeks before another chapter!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Where can I find out more about Shizuya? There's nothing about him on Wikipedia, and searching for Blaster Knuckle just gives a bunch of disturbingly long articles about super robots.

Miura having a pen name for non-Berserk works would make sense, seeing as I've never heard of him writing anything else.

edit: Just checked out a couple pages of Blaster-Knuckle, and besides the fact that it looks completely and utterly badass and awesome, this is clearly Miura, an imitator of Miura, or an homage to Berserk.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 26, 2007

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mido posted:

"In a world of tiny objects..."

Oh god that old guy was awesome.

I finally saw the outtakes last night (I haven't seen much of the Berserk anime), and those segments were my favorite part.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

BEHIND THE VOICE

I don't know whether I should be aroused or terrified.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Forest Fuckery posted:

Speculation time!

Reading Chapter 290, i started wondering will the next disaster consist of all his new friends dying? It would be evil, unexpected and oh-so-much like Berserk so far. I'm calling that someone dies in a suitably horrific fashion in front of Guts, and he is led to believe they all did.Cue guts going completely and utterly apeshit in the Berserker's Armor for a while, possibly killing more of his friends

I don't think Guts will actually kill any of his friends himself, but I agree they've all been alive too long now. Unless it's Serpico, who will die in his final duel against Guts, in the process stopping him from killing anyone else. I'm going to guess Isidro dies first, because he's the least important to the plot.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know that image is possibly a joke, but I think it's a good sign that Miura intends on eventually healing Caska (notice that she's wearing armor). And old Isidoro looks pretty awesome.

The obvious joke is Guts bowing down before Griffith, right?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
God drat, I love Berserk. Even when there isn't any action going on, you can tell that everything's leading up to some awesome poo poo.

And I agree that Mule and Sonia are pretty cool. However, given that this is Berserk, I predict (spoiled even though my predictions are generally baseless and terrible) Sonia will somehow end up being Schierke's rival, and also probably die horribly at some point.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but the giant demon womb is my favorite minor villain in Berserk, just because of how incredibly wrong it is.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any non-bittorrent ways to get the new releases? (I'm using a school network) From extensive googling, I've only been able to find up to 294, and they aren't the Evil Genius versions. Rapidsearch only seems to come up with the raws, and those don't do me any good.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pawl posted:

I just can't wait until Guts is taken through a gauntlet of demon-slaying goodness, killing each of those smug bastards one at a time until he reaches Griffith and pays him back for all the poo poo he's caused oh my god my brain is going to explode this is too awesome :psypop:

At Berserk's pace, I'll be well into my 30s by the time this happens, but it will be like the best build up and payoff ever. I will teach my children to read by reading them Berserk.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Phil_asdf posted:

I could just imagine in 40 years when I'm 60 and suddenly bellowing in victory when the last chapter is released, then trying to explain to my wife and kids that there's this story about this guy with a giant sword that wrecks poo poo up and I've been reading it since I was 20 and then hoping I don't get put in a home.

I won't have to explain Berserk to my family, because I fully intend on reading Berserk to my children. Before anyone argues with my choice, I just have to say that my local library keeps multiple copies of every volume of Berserk, so it's legally educational.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zorak posted:

Actually, I dunno if that's true, because the "other reality" Griffith witnessed before the Eclipse, the alternative to his dream of conquest, was him living with Casca, still crippled, but with kids, just a peaceful life in a town with Caska. Soooo that'd imply otherwise.

I always assumed that in that reality, Griffith was just cuckolded repeatedly. Possibly by Guts.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

And another apparently lives in a giant tunnel made out of tits and asses.

Miura draws that and makes money off his art. I draw something along those lines in 4th grade and get sent to the school counselor.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PieThief posted:

Finally caught up to the most recent chapter. Now to play the waiting game with you guys. :unsmith:

The waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I read Berserk to see a dude gently caress poo poo up with a giant sword. This latest chapter has left me fulfilled.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just finished reading the latest story arc after putting Berserk down for a couple years (not counting slowly building up my Berserk library), and I was on the edge of my seat whenever they showed mermaids; I'm terrified of the real ocean, if I had to live in the Berserk ocean I'd just kill myself out of terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I meant I was on the edge of my seat out of empathy for the mermaids. As in, holy poo poo it would suck to have to live in the ocean in Berserk.

Sorry about the spoilers, waiting for a backlog of chapters to build up, then reading them all at once kinda screws with my concept of when things came out.