Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

SpazmasterX posted:

Well, his sword is magic in it's own way.
I thought that Guts' sword being tempered in the blood of demons was a nice parallel to the freaky digested-Behelit sword that Skull Knight 'grew' inside of him. Ordinary swords made magical from the leavings of fallen opponents. I wonder how much Apostle blood is needed to temper Guts' sword to start making a dent in a Godhand?

But yeah, holy poo poo he needs healing. It's like he's 50% scar tissue now, dude's got skin like a Harlequin baby. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
I just noticed that Guts has hit the tiger with such fury that not only has it been split in half, its eye has popped out of its socket. It's so hilariously over the top. 'Gallows humor' is a term that really applies to Berserk.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I'm going to buy it so hard that the earth will shake when I swipe my credit card.
No, no, this is Berserk. The shockwave will hit the cashier so hard, their eyeballs will pop from their sockets.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

lyricaldanichan posted:

Does Hirano really have that on the back of Hellsing manga?
In one of the volumes, yes. They even translated those parts in the Dark Horse releases. Pretty much 90% of the random doodles and chatter in the back of the TPBs lead me to conclude that Hirano is crazy. I mean, I like Hellsing and all, but the dude is nuts.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Dancing Ferret posted:

A bunch of people with obviously fatal injuries except the guy who just lost a nose, that has to be the least dramatic injury every, the loss of a nose. And the worst part is the guy dies, since all the commanders die, from getting his nose ripped off by an arrow.
Bear in mind this is an Apostle's arrow we're talking about here. The arrow probably exited from his nasal cavity after bisecting his auditory cortex, leaving the sound of screaming children ringing in his ears as he died.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Oh man, the 'Griffith as Antichrist' setup just keeps building up and building up. The eventual backstab is going to be huge. It might even outdo the fall of Gaiseric's kingdom.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Sindai posted:

I think the message is "be a selfish dick and Guts will loving cut you in half."

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Gvaz posted:

Now can we see Guts in the same limelight, he's the cooler character anyways.
Nah, that ain't his style. Guts has pretty much always been an unsung hero. There were the glory days in the original Band of the Hawk, but that's ancient history.

Besides, you can't roll up behind a dude and split him in half with a giant sword when the limelight is focused on you. :black101:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Zoolooman posted:

I think he looks like an antichrist archetype and is still an interesting character.
The Ultimate Betrayal is going to be so good. When Griffith defeats Ganishka, he is literally going to be regarded as God on Earth by all his followers. He will be incapable of wrongdoing, free to do as he wishes as long as the people 'feel safe.'

Can you imagine the look on everyone's faces when Griffith, their lord and savior, claims the world for the God Hand? And with the knowledge that they were all complicit in signing their lives over to demon gods?

So good.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

GoldenNugget posted:

on a totally unrelated note, hellsing 95 is out and the series is complete...:
http://www.hiranomoe.com/releases/%5BHiranomoe%5DHellsing.95.zip
Hahahaha, oh poo poo. This surpasses my expectations. I thought we'd get something like Alucard living on through Seras, either literally or symbolically. Instead, Alucard breaks free of the Uncertainty Prison by eliminating every other probable outcome by hand. It's so wonderfully over the top, and so very Hellsing.

Soooo... how about that Berserk, guys? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Mr. Deathy posted:

It all looks pretty but I seriously hope this is like some massive turning point in the storyline or something with how much hype it's got.
When Griffith wins the battle against Ganishka (and he will), every man, woman and child in the kingdom is going to love him unquestioningly. He will literally be without fault. This battle will pretty much seal the world's fate.

ArchDemon posted:

Zodd's horn is getting to be a tad ridiculous.
Jesus, I took another look at it, and you weren't kidding. Is he growing a backup Zodd in that thing?

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 24, 2008