Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Go with the pancake thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

for those who have not seen the anime... dont read...

Griffith is, in fact, a girl who just can't say no.... he is in a terrible fix.... lies are good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OG17 posted:

Grasses. :colbert:

Also if those discs don't have the outtakes, look them up on youtube. It is a musical extravaganza.

"Oh, I'm just a girl who can't say no! Can't seem to say it at all!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always thought Griffith's helmet looked more like a Falcon anyways.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only logical ending would be:

Once they make it to Elfhelm the rest of Guts' party is going to die or get trapped in a painting. Guts will then make his way to the Elfhelm castle. Just as Guts opens the door it will suck him in and he will think to himself "How many times have I made this journey?". Once he awakens we'll see a 15 year old Guts reach to his neck and touch the Egg of the King. Thinking to himself "I've always had this," he will then step forward and challenge Bazuso.

Can't think of a better way to end something that I have poured so many years of my time into...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niddhogg posted:

The only logical ending would be the "gently caress you" ending from the Dark Tower?

Yep, I almost threw the drat book across the room when I read that ending. I put it off for a couple of days because one of my friends told me that the ending would piss me off and for some reason I still read it. The big difference was that I always knew the Dark Tower series was going to have an ending (no matter how enraging), unfortunately we don't have that kind of promise from Berserk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Andrigaar posted:

He did say, probably a decade ago now, that he wanted Guts' revenge to not involve changing him from a human into any sort of god-like creature--or anything else for that matter. That brickwork has finally been laid :D

And in only a few more short years, we will finally see Guts get off of that damned boat....

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hog wizard posted:

I'm just glad I didn't start reading Berserk when it started 20 years ago. It's only been about 8 years or so since I've started reading it and I'm already going mad with how long it's been going on and how slow the chapters are released. I can't imagine what some people who have been following the manga since it started are going through.

Lets be honest, those people have probably outgrown it, got married, raised a family, and now their kids are going through the same hell they were 20 years ago.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Diabetic posted:

I dunno, I just don't see the final battle between Griffith and Gutts being decided based on who's got the biggest sway on Causality/Fate here.

Miura seems to be setting it up that Griffith is going to have his downfall thanks to his vessel on earth being the child of Gutts and Caska. He's already protected Caska out of instinct on the Hill of Swords no reason whatsoever, Gutts thought he might've just been messing with him but even Griffith seemed to be bothered by it after he said he had no feelings for him at all anymore.

I'm hoping for an epic gently caress yeah moment like Zodd and Gutts riding the lightning but I feel we'll get a deus ex machina moment instead.

I always saw the end of Griffith coming financially as he tries to open a series of ill conceived theme restaurants through out his kingdom.

Zodd: "Sir, people don't want to eat at a restaurant called 'Apostle-lutely Delicious'.
Griffith: "This will be the downfall of me! :gonk:"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've found quite a few people enjoy Black Lagoon that don't particularly like other manga.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why wasn't he wearing pants?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nalin posted:

At least he apologized this time. Still, they said it would be a "short" suspension. What qualifies as a "short" suspension for Berserk?

Anything less than 8 months.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alright! I've been gone for a couple years. Have they reached the elf island yet?

Edit:
Ha, it's been 4 years actually. Question still applies though.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 21, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think it's weird that I live in a world where A Song of Ice and Fire will have an ending (albeit a tv one) before Berserk. Of you had asked me 10 years ago I'd have sworn Berserk would be fished before.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just play the Dreamcast game you losers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is the title true?! Are they off the boat?! Checking this every two years always makes the wait seem easier.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Of course there is. Third times a charm I guess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Bonus Temptation of Saint Anthony:

Kinda looks like he's fighting him off with a wrench. Just my annual check in to see if there's been enough progress for me to start reading again. Seeing as though everyone is still talking about the boat I'm gonna assume not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I....I can't believe that it doesn't seem so far out of reach that with in the next few years I may actually get to see the end of both A Song of Ice and Fire (by way of the show) and Berserk. There are no words...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ccs posted:

It's trying to give it some of the feel of the manga. They add it in compositing into the shadows instead of just directly texturing it on the characters. It's the least thing that's wrong about the adaption.

Well it makes it look like a PS2 game.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My old roommate and I just blasted through both seasons this weekend. His wife walked in, looked at the TV, and said she was rethinking the whole marriage thing. I don't even think she knew it was an anime, but thought it was just some weird video game with half naked people running around with no nipples.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Why does no one listen to me?!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Shierke is the best part of Berserk 2017 and really its only redeeming quality.

I forgot how much I liked Serpico. I may actually go back and read through everything from Golden Age on again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Starting to get that creeping excitement of a new Berserk chapter boiling up... along with the realisation that Miura's definitely going to call hiatus just before we see if Casca has changed from everything or not.

I'm mentally preparing myself for this. How could he not do that to us. I'm convinced his release schedule is some sort of meta tie-in to the hopelessness the characters feel through out the series.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Still in Caska's dream" is going to be the new "still on the boat."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is still the best comic. I hope it's finished before I turn 40. I just....I just don't wanna be 40 years old and still reading it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm thinking "Griffith...."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know we've all been saying it for years, but I just don't know if I'll be able to handle Caska regaining her memories and then choosing to leave Gutts and go back to demon Griffith.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Holy poo poo it's happening, it's actually loving happening.

New thread title please.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shindragon posted:

So taken into the effect how Time flows differently on Elf island, you think Murata gonna do like a timeskip? :v:

Granted, they never specified how much it does but they did make it sound urgent that they get Casca healed quick.

Flash forward to a 45 year old Rickert who's been fighting against Griffith for decades.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drjuggalo posted:

casca is gonna leave guts cause he kissed slan

Guts: We were on a break!!!!
Serpico: Could he be more wrong?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zasze posted:

Casca is going to be the one to use the behelit guts has been dragging around, someone else in the thread called it like 8 years ago but they are probably right.

Probably yeah. Guts is gonna have just all the brands.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

Adapting Berserk is really freaking hard. The story is good, yes, but the art lends so much to the story that you can't just adapt it normally and expect an equally good product.

Like, a few of the depictions of the monsters in the manga gave me that same unsettled feeling I got as a kid when I read that Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series with its creepy as poo poo art. It just doesn't work as well when it's colored and animated though

:wrong:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

Some film buffs think the reason black and white moves can be so compelling is that lots of people dream in black and white

My blind buddy dreams only in sounds. I've always wanted to ask him what nightmares sound like to him and then sit down and try to make one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ccs posted:

Yeah the 97 series has excellent direction and also keeps a lot of the composition of the original comic, probably because it's budget was so low and they couldn't get creative with the scenes.

If they just had a bit more animation. But less animation is way better than movement for the heck of it that was 2016.

Like the movies have some really beautiful scenes but they're just not as effective from a storytelling perspective as the manga or 97 anime.

Also 100% less Griffith show tunes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always try to remember, but we only ever see each other like a few times a year. He travels all the time for his job (he develops software for the blind and teaches kids how to use it in schools) and when we get together we're usually too busy drinking and catching up, but I promise I'll try to remember this time.

Fun fact, there is an app that blind people can use where they activate a camera and ask a sighted person to look at something or read something or tell them their hair/outfit looks funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The link seems to be busted for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well good golly gosh. If you had told me just 8 years ago that we'd be seeing Caska woken up I wouldn't have believed you!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bloom posted:

Dude apparenly thought "griffith did nothing wrong" was unironic.

https://twitter.com/puketron/status/1012527541368836096

The red flags were there all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BRB posting this in the Blessed thread.