Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd just start from the beginning, there is enough different/changed that it's worth it.

The new anime started bad and stayed bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not exactly Berserk-related but the Guidebook from one of March Lion's volumes got translated/scanned and

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I keep my ear to the ground for any new March Lion scan news, esp around this time of the year. Your work is most appreciated either way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Elentor posted:

I have a question. Yes, I know they're not the same thing (other than I guess having a very frustrating anime ending), but it's something that I need a mini-census because of a talk I was having with a friend.

How many of you folks read Claymore and what did you think about it?
First and foremost, while it definitely gives off Berserk vibes initially you quickly come to realize that Claymore is profoundly more straight up shounen than anything like what Berserk brings to the table. So in general it's a story you have to approach from more of a Dragonball/Naruto/Bleach/One Piece sort of perspective; just the way characters get powerups and the choreography/pacing of the fights, as well as the tone, is way more in that space.

It starts out interesting but not really all that special before super ramping up into a series of pretty great/rad arcs, peters out for a while, and then comes back to finish pretty strong. I liked it quite a bit even if it didn't exactly win any all-time-great shounen awards. It did what it set out to do and did so well enough by the end which is a lot more than some manga series can say.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The final battle is legit one of the best parts of the whole manga, there was a whole lot of nothing leading up to it but it was worth the wait IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So she wants to be able to interact with Guts like before, but can't do so without reliving the trauma. Somehow both better and worse than I expected.