Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Looks like the new thread was right on time: Chapter 286

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

I want to read this again. What volume does He get his armor?

Volume 26

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Can't believe how good today has been. And now it gets even better:

Evil Genius Chapter 288

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Then why is he sweating so much?

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
From what I understand, there are obvious parallels between Guts and the Skull Knight. However, there are slight differences that could make all the difference. Whatever the Skull Knight is, it isn't an apostle. After all he once wore the berserk armor himself, but he gave it up for something stronger (which I'm assuming is not another berserk armor). However in the process...

Several times it has been mentioned by others that it is amazing that Guts survived as a human, when it would have been easier to get stronger/survive if he just gave up his humanity. I'm assuming that their are different ways to do this, and the Skull Knight took one of them (immortality?, undeath?) to get the chance to destroy his enemies.

Since the story is about Guts fight against destiny, I'm assuming that he will retain (unlike the Skull Knight) his humanity, and find another method that doesn't require that sacrifice.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

Forest Fuckery posted:

We're kind on the same page here. I think Guts and some others will be given the chance to become something else than human, and while Guts won't take it, someone of them will. And this will go bad for everyone involved.
Isidro would be particularly vulnerable. He's constantly the underdog and wants to be the strongest swordsman ever...

So then the obvious parallels would be:

Guts <=> Skull Knight
Schierke <=> Flora
Isidro <=> Zodd?!?

Edit: Removed spoiler tag...

abbad0n fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 7, 2007

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Yes I know it's just speculation, but it was the best way I could think of to bring out a :wtf: moment using the limited forum tools.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Wasn't used for a joke. But I'll edit my post above.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

One chapter every month isn't gonna fly, Miura! I gotta have my fix!!! :f5:

You're being too optimistic...

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
EG delivers:

Chapter 289

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Chapter 290

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Maybe someday somehow someone will decide to redo the anime in an OVA format like they are doing with Hellsing. :devil:

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Oh the joy! Ch 291

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Evil Genius Chapter 292

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Read volume 21.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

evilsake posted:

Some group I've never heard of just released a translation. Seemed fine except for a few rough spots.

Well here is a group we have heard of: Berserk​_296​_[FH].zip

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Evil-Genius chapter 297

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
That's it?!?

Oh, what a tease you are Miura. :bang:

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
295 is the chapter where it happens.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
If it is made into an OAV, I just hope they don't screw up the soundtrack like they did with Hellsing. I really liked the TV version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think Zodd is just really old by Apostle standards. I forget if there's anything in the series to suggest this or if it's just an intuition, but I think they did at least say at one point that he had been appearing on battlefields for a hundred or two hundred years.

More then that, but it might be just how long known stories of him have been remembered by humans. Zodd knows too much about the Skull Knight. I would put both of them (and Flora) as coming from the same generation. The SK did say he wore the berserk armor in "ages past, when we where still in the Reason of Time" whatever that means.