Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
GOD DAMMIT SOMEONE loving HEAL GUTS!

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Zorak posted:

Glacially slow perhaps, but glaciers are majestic, mighty things. Beautiful. Amazing. Timeless.

And it'll last us even after we've died.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Leonard Leroy posted:

Ooh boy, lots of posts... update?

Oh... no.

Faked out. Just like me. :(

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Zodd's horn is OUT OF CONTROL

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Caska looks batshit insane in that pic.

Also, referring to this, what chapter is this from?

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
I'm just glad I didn't start reading Berserk when it started 20 years ago. It's only been about 8 years or so since I've started reading it and I'm already going mad with how long it's been going on and how slow the chapters are released. I can't imagine what some people who have been following the manga since it started are going through.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Kind of sounds like a hereditary curse.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
How is every page a 2 page spread

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Only flaw about Berserk is that it's released every one millennia.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
I'm really tempted to read this right now... at work. How do I explain reading ultra violent Japanese comics when I should be working on my spreadsheets instead? :(

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Zorak posted:

Well that was badass as gently caress.

100% agree.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
gently caress

I thought there was a new chapter released.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
I'm actually very surprised that the Godhand let an apostle, the Kushan Emperor, become so powerful that it needed a tag team of Regriffith and Zodd to destory it.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
What loving cocktease... I was really excited for a new series release.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
guy: "welcome folks!"
guts: *throws blade into guy's eye*

so good.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Out of curiosity: What other kind of power upgrade would Guts even get?

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Well, I certainly have a full on raging boner right now. This is very exciting news!

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Well, that's terrible news. Why would they not do something new? It's just like a remastering, which is cool, but sort of sucks.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
So is this like a re-do of the original anime that was released? Are they going to have another part (or more) showing the later arcs (post-eclipse)?

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Griffith's army generals are WAY too powerful for normal Guts. Even with the armor, I bet he'd have a tough time beating one of them.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Please.

The generals are on par with Zodd, and Guts has been able to go toe to toe with Zodd for... what?... five years now?

I could almost see Guts beating Zodd and Grunbeld in a fair fight while they remain in their human form, but once they transform, Guts has no chance.

Jose posted:

You don't think he's effectively the same character as Guts? His family/friends or whatever were sacrificed by Void so Void could become a member of God Hand, the Emperor wanted revenge and ended up using the Berserker armour too much turning him into the Skull Knight. He's effectively there to save Guts occasionally, teach him slightly more about God Hand and serve as a reminder of what might happen to Guts

I agree with this. Also, Griffith's new army is like his old Hawks. Zodd joined after being defeated by Griffith, just like how Guts joined.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Jesus you are cruel :(

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
So was Ganishka the strongest apostle? He seemed almost -too- powerful to be an apostle but obviously nowhere near God hand level.

Also, I guess I don't get why the God Hand let an apostle become that strong unchecked. Something doesn't seem right.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
I like how Miura keeps Berserk honest. Guts still ain't top poo poo (and I honestly don't know how he'll go toe-to-toe with the heavy hitters), and it's what makes me want to keep rooting for him because it's always an uphill battle for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
This is rather accurate, I would bet. Zodd only lives to fight a stronger opponent while all the other apostles care only for power and/or rape.