Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Should I know who the silver hair guy is? He seems like a big deal but there is literally zero context on who/what he is besides "Griffith" Is he like a big bad back from the dead or their friend or....?

Both, sorta. Read the manga indeed. Or if you don't want to do that there is also the 90's anime or the 3 movies. Both of them cover the same golden age arc from the manga, which is the backstory of guts, casca and griffith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So can all of you speak japanese/korean or is there an english translation somewhere that hasnt been posted here yet?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Who do i have to sacrifice to get an english translation of the latest chapter?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Christ the animation was terrible yeah. If they even bothered to try moving the mouths for speech it looked absolutely atrocious.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
why the .5 episode now? Isnt there only like 3 episodes left in the season? Or is this going to be more then 12 eps?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Can someone make me a .gif of the ducks marching part of sonias story at 9:30 ? I'm really happy they kept that in.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Zasze posted:

It's also possible there's some time fuckery going on and when a member of godhand is welcomed at an eclipse and all the apostles that ever were show up because reality is broken at this specific spot.

If that was true we prolly would have seen wyald there.

I'm thinking all apostles that could get there went there. Zodd showed us that they dont have to go. We didn't see any kushan apostles there either. Well we only know of the emperor and shadow mask guy, but they werent there. (prolly because miura hadn't thought of em yet)

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jul 5, 2017

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
English translation is out to: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Berserk/Ch-356---Read-Online?id=417171#2

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Before the end, that behelith guts is carrying around is getting used. It's a extremely horrible Checkovs gun. No idea who is going to use it, could be Guts, Puck or maybe even Casca. Maybe Guts will do it to gain the power to kill Griffith but that seems unlikely. Maybe Guts dies and Puck or Casca uses it to revive Guts somehow?

But whoever isn't using it is going to get sacrificed. Farnese, Serpico, Isidoro, Schierke they are pretty much guaranteed to be sacrificed, and it will be awful.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

The_White_Crane posted:

Man, I dunno. In another series I'd agree with you, but I can see Guts as he is now being very staunchly against having anything to do with the loving thing. I find it very easy to imagine Miura doing a bit of a fake-out with it though; Guts in a moment of crisis holding the Behelit and staring at it before another six-month cliffhanger, then back to him going "gently caress this," and hucking it into the ocean or something.

I don't see Guts using it for Power either as i said. Guts has seen enough people use it and then killed em hah. But someone else, Puck, Casca and perhaps even Farnese could do it, especially if its to save Guts somehow.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Pyrus Malus posted:

Just throwing out my prediction that Casca uses bechi to become an apostle by sacrificing her own son moon boy, who is ironically Griffith, pulling a reverse gotcha on his rear end.

Following this, chapter 360 is like 12 pages of Guts sighing and/or shrugging.

Hah i feel like that could actually work. Casca definitely joined the pool of people who can use Checkovs bechi.

My money is on Puck though. You would think we haven't seen him pissed off enough, but i feel an attack on Elf Island is inevitable. No way Miura will be able to resist drawing 2 page spreads of unicorns goring apostles. After that, yeah, i can totally see Puck being pissed off enough.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like that straigth away she's re-established as being quite the capable warrior.

Gotta be ready for the upcoming elf island slaughter.

In another note, i feel like there was at least a little timeskip between the previous elf island chapter. Could have been just a day but there is also that elf Island time fuckery going on.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Amazing art as always from Miura.

So what pantheon we in? Like the satyr screams Greek pantheon, but theres also the ark, isnt that just bible mythology?. Also usumgallu sounds like even older then greek. Mesopotamian? I guess its a mixup of stuff but heavily based on greek.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

LordMune posted:

The busted boat is the ark of Utnapishtim, featured in one of the earliest tellings of the flood myth that inspired the story of Noah's ark.

Right i knew the flood myth was older then the bible, like its from gilgamesh or perhaps even older. I did not know that they even copied the idea of a boat in the mountains from older stories to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Ruflux posted:

Nah he did two. Two whole chapters in a year. I hope he slows down a bit next year so that he doesn't burn himself out by accident

2 berserk chapters and 3 greek baby chapters! It's a busy year for Miura