Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

cooldude2.0 posted:

Wow, 10 years is a long time for an awesome character to suck :(

Well, she pretty much went through Hell. It's unsurprising that she hasn't recovered.

Anyway, I've only watched the animation of this. It was awesome. Awesome enough to get me into the manga -- and I haven't even started reading it. Is Kentarō Miura planning on finishing the story, any time soon? It would be sweet if we got an omnibus containing everything. I wonder what the chances of that happening are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
So, um -- has Guts killed Griffith yet?

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Finally decided to re-read this after dropping it five years ago near the end of the Golden Age arc when Griffith gets captured. Took nearly two weeks of reading, but I'm finally caught up! At some point I just got sucked in and spent all of my free time reading. Very engrossing series overall! I would go as far to say that this is the best dark fantasy series I've encountered so far.

OhFunny posted:

I'm optimistic. Yeah it's heartbreaking to see Guts and Casca can't interact, but she's back! Her fighting skill is undiminished, she's getting along with everyone. She'll heal from her trauma as the Faire Queen said. In her own time.
I'm optimistic as well. As long as Casca has the desire to be with Guts, she will have to face the trauma inflicted upon her. While that's certainly no small thing, I think it's reasonable to guess that the journey to Elfhelm, as part of its payoff, concerns Casca's full recovery among other things.

quote:

Isn't Guts stuck in the armor forever due to the wound Slan give him?
I don't think that's ever stated. Schierke simply comments on how grievous a wound it is considering it was inflicted upon his etheric body. While it will leave a scar, I don't think the effects from that wound are permanent by any means.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I imagine ol' Skully's going to be like "I BEAR GRIM TIDINGS, THE WHITE HAWK HAS THE MEANS TO MAKE HIS PRESENCE FELT IN THIS SANCTUARY AND WILL SOON ARRIVE" and Guts is going to be like "thank god" and rush headfirst into battle so that he doesn't have to deal with how emotionally fraught this is
Hopefully enough time is on their side. Personally, I don't think their peaceful presence on Elfhelm is about to end any time soon.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 19, 2019