Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc
Greets Goons, was wondering if anyone got their MS online, specifically in Graphic Design or a related field. I'm looking to do the same and was curious of experiences or even recommended schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc
Can anyone recommend a good online Master's program in Graphic Design? Thanks all.

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc

mcsuede posted:

What are your intentions with it?

Oh hey Mom and Dad, I didn't know you guys joined the forums. Honestly, no offense, but I'm really tired of hearing this question. I have yet to hear my sociology/history/philosophy friends get this question.

What is any intention with getting a Master's? To enhance and further one's education. That is my intention. Don't get me wrong, I've asked myself this question, but my decision is my decision.

I'll give you some background so I don't seem like such a jerk. I went to an undergraduate school that didn't have a degree in GD, rather a Visual Arts degree with a focus. At the time it was painting/sculpture/traditional arts. Basically I created my concentration. That all being said, I didn't get the education that would have come from a GD-focused program. My hopes in getting a Master's, rather than a Bachelor's all over again, is to basically learn the things I was not able to teach myself. A mentor is a powerful and useful tool as well. I can only teach myself so much, which is basically what I did in undergrad.

I hope that cleared things up, sorry for the mini-rant, I just get that question 100% of the time.

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc
For lack of a better place to post this and not to crap it up with a new thread and since this is "career advice," is there an optimal ratio of font size to leading for reading large bodies of text?

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc
Any tips for selling artwork? I imagine getting a local gallery to display some work with be the first step. I have a website that I would add info to as well. I'm just kind of lost on marketing what I have, specifically custom sculpture pieces.