Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyDonkey
Jul 9, 2001
:milk:
I eagerly await the second installment of same's series. I myself have found myself needing to put together a resume and portfolio in quick order. I've followed the 2 column template for my resume but it looks very empty for me. Probaly due to my lack of working experience. Would it be possible for someone to look at my resume and give me a critique? Just let me know how I should get it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyDonkey
Jul 9, 2001
:milk:
I've got an issue I'm not sure how to proceed. I work for a sign company and designed a sign for a cooking team to use at competitions. A representative for a rodeo association eslewhere in the state saw the sign and wanted the same artist to design a logo for them and the team referred them specifically to me but at my e-mail address for work.

The rodeo association wants to commission me to design their new logo, but I'm not sure if it's ethical to do it outside of work. I could do it at work through my company but I get paid by the hour and don't get extra for design work which doesn't seem right to me either.

I've never sold a design before so even if I do decide to do it on my own I'm not sure how to go about it or what legal precautions I need to take. Some help would be appreciated.