Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Web / Graphic Designer - Austin, TX or Washington, DC
I'm the project/general manager/co-founder for a small web development company that is based both in Austin and DC. We currently outsource all design work and do the implementation (into CMS software), sales, support, and project life cycle work in house. While this works out most of the time we've decided having a talented designer in house would be very beneficial as well.

Our clients range from non-profits to small to medium sized businesses who will dish out anywhere from $5,000 - $100,000 for a website, the average being somewhere in the middle depending on the time of year.

What we are looking for:

- Diverse portfolio. You should be comfortable designing professional websites as well as more creative or down to earth projects. It's all about capturing what a client is looking for, not spinning off site designs that are the same with color scheme differences.

- Experience. As much as I love to hire recent or soon to be grads we've had some problems in the past with consistency and dependability. Both of these seem to be a theme with designers who are new to working in general, their talent as a designer has nothing to do with it. We are looking for someone who has experience working with clients, can be professional, and well spoken. Communication and meeting deadlines (or at least telling us in advance it can't be met) are key. I could honestly care less if you are still in college, as long as you have worked in the industry before and have something to back that up (and you have the time to work a full time job of course).

- Willing to take a strategic role in the company. We're looking for someone who wants to be more then just our designer who pumps out projects no questions asked. Personal investment is a must as we're looking to grow this company and someone in this "lead designer" position should want to see it grow as well.

Why should you work for us?

- Salary: We're willing to pay $50,000 - $60,000 a year depending on your experience from the get go. This will increase as the company grows and you prove you are worth more money. We have an open door policy; if you think you deserve more you just need to tell us why and if we agree that's really all there is to it.

- Benefits: Great benefits plan, all the normal stuff in terms of health, dental, vision. We also have cool perks like we've all got an iPhone and the plan is paid for.

- Flexible work hours: We're currently in the middle of deciding on office space/locations in both cities. DC will probably have a new location very soon, but Austin is just me at the moment as I am relocating for family reasons and I'll simply be working remotely unless we decide to hire others in Austin. This means much of the work can be done remotely, although we prefer to stick to working hours as much as possible so we can talk/coordinate when needed.

- Growth: We want to help you grow in your career while growing our company at the same time. We want you to make decisions with us to decide the future of the company. Your input will not only be valued but used.

If interested please reply here with any questions and email me at cullenw@gmail.com with your resume and a cover letter.

Graphics fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 1, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU