Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CataraX
Feb 21, 2004

C8H10N4O2
I've just graduated with a degree in illustration and a focus on concept art (yea no one does that right? :( ) am based in San Francisco and really hoping to land a job at least partly related to what I've learned in school.

Anyone in the area or know someone in the area that could point a guy in the right direction? I've got a portfolio up at stimshock.com but I need to get it finished.

Is there anything I need to seriously revamp to up my chances? I know that I need to get my resume posted and finish my contact page, and i could probably benefit from culling a few images from my gallery to clean it up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CataraX
Feb 21, 2004

C8H10N4O2

CoffeeIsForClosers posted:

Any current or former students of the Academy of Arts University in San Francisco here? I'm thinking of enrolling in the fall and focusing on illustration, if anyone has any experiences or insights they would be much appreciated.

I'll avoid the generic warnings. But yes, higher up administration has their heads up their asses, the student to teacher communication is very good in the illustration department though.

The illustration department has a fantastic director right now named Chuck Pyle, he is second only to Barbara Bradley. If you are set on going to AAU, make friends with him as quickly as possible, listen to everything the man says and ask him for advice when you're having a problem with the school.

Some of the teachers are amazing, some are terrible. Thats just how it goes. Do your very best to get into any class Henry Yan, James Wu, Chuck Pyle, Gordon Silveria or Bill Sanchez are offering. These guys are incredible, and if you pay attention you'll learn a lot. Avoid Chantal Sapperstein, shes a bitch. :)

CataraX fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 23, 2008