Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzLobster
Feb 22, 2004

So, quick background:
I went to college originally for electronics but dropped out after a year and a half because I really, really didn't like it. I spent the next couple years fixing computers and recently got a job at a large animation studio that does both CG and Stop-Mo. I work in Education and have been helping with documentation and have learned quite a bit about CG which is awesome.

Recently my boss has been encouraging me to look into some sort of school program for something I'm interested in. The problem is everything from 3D modeling, to web/graphic design, to compositing all spark my interest. Also, the studio would like to pay for m schooling which is beyond awesome, I just need to find a program that will work with my work schedule which may prove to be interesting.

My question is two-fold. One, what are your opinions of online programs. Personally I'd much rather to school and meet people, but it might be hard with a 40 hour work week. And two, does anyone have any suggestions for a degree or program that might fit someone who is design minded and wants to move up in the animation world. I'm in Portland, OR if that helps.

Also, are any of you going to SIGGRAPH this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU