Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Rotcod
May 20, 2004
I see the consistently reoccurring disappointment and failure you will continue to cause yourselves.
I have a some questions about cover letter etiquette. It seems that today's cover letters are now the body of the e-mail you send along with your resume attachment. This to me seems to make cover letters a little less formal. I'm worried that my cover letters sound jilted and robotic when what I really want to convey is excitement about the opportunity at hand. I'm wondering what kind of wordage is appropriate for these types of e-mails especially since the jobs that we're going for are creative jobs and some personality needs to shine through.

Is it ever ok to start an e-mail out with "Hey!" or "Hi!"? I usually seem to start out my e-mails with "Hi, my name is Dr Rotcod and I'm currently living in so and so..". That just seems so bland to me. I'd love to know some tips on this so I can stand out amongst the flood of e-mails an employer gets from craigslist users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Rotcod
May 20, 2004
I see the consistently reoccurring disappointment and failure you will continue to cause yourselves.
LOS ANGELES JOB(S)

Hey guys, a company I work for has been having minimal luck with mandy.com and craigslist so I thought I'd try here. If there is a better place to post this on here, let me know. Here is my official blurb:

I'm working with a production company based in Los Angeles, CA that has a major studio deal. Currently we're looking for editors, animators, graphic designers, compositors, etc.. In house software includes Final Cut Pro and Adobe CS5 suite. Would love to look at your reel if interested. If we like your work we will contact you for an interview.

Edit: PM me your reels

Dr Rotcod fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 2, 2010