Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twovansnotone
Jun 25, 2004
I'm not sure if this is exactly the place for this, but how does a person go about selling their art? I'm a part time math tutor, and make good money at it and enjoy it a lot - in other words I'm not looking for a JOB in which I take photographs - but I also love photography and would like to start selling some prints eventually. What are my options? I pretty much do digital only now, although I do have the complete resources (free of charge besides paper/chemicals) to print b/w up to about 18x24ish. Where do I go to start selling it? Do I just send my portfolio to lots and lots of galleries? Do I walk around to cafes and restaurants that hang local art and show them samples of my work? Do I post stuff on eBay? I have no idea how to go about getting started selling my art. I'm not interested in making huge money, but would like to get anywhere between $50 and $100 per print, depending on the exact size (8x10 up to 18x24, or maybe even larger). Can anyone help??

If it helps: I am located in Boston, MA, so any Boston goons with experience please chime in!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU