Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!

Asile posted:

There happens to be a thread in GBS right now which has quite a bit of SCAD chat scattered throughout it. I'm positive your question is answered in anecdotal form, though I can't remember exactly what was said. It's the Awful and bizarre art by people you know thread.

ugh why don't they post in the Savannah goon meet thread ever. I want more people to drink with.

SCAD-Atlanta is actually on the up-and-up. A couple of the more decent professors have moved there because, hey, Atlanta is a better place to live compared to Savannah, especially after you've been here a couple years.

And yeah, SCAD tuition is only about 30k. But I declared Georgia residency when I moved here, so YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!

Cizzo posted:

My question is, is there some secret method that other graphic designers, who may be colorblind, use to somehow work around this. I always felt like as soon as I found out I was colorblind that it just shattered that "dream" but I still have the urges to do it.

About 7% of the male population in the US is colorblind. You're probably red-green, as it's the most common. Just make sure to use palettes you're comfortable with (kuler.adobe.com can be useful) and remember that a good design sense can overcome any disability. Except actually blindness. You'll be fine.

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!
Full-time job posting incoming for any Motion Graphic Designers in the South Florida area, where you get to replace me, your boy Electric Crayon. I have a new gig lined up and would like to extricate myself from my 30-days notice contract, but can't do so unless I find a replacement. It's a pretty cushy gig, but you'll have to be an all-rounder. Pay can be expected in the $40,000 range.

Job Description:
The Motion & Graphic Designer at Tropic Survival will work under the art director and be expected to create visual packages for commercial advertisements, online display ads (both still and animated), print materials (logos, brochures, etc.), and images for web assets. He-or-she will be expected to work as part of a team and be familiar with working with producers, editors and account executives. He-or-she will be knowledgeable of brand standards and will be expected to uphold a high level of detail. The ideal candidate will be experienced with After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Cinema 4D and Dreamweaver.

Hit me up if you have a demo reel or any applicable materials.

Position filled, thanks!

Electric Crayon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 11, 2013

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!
We have a full time junior motion graphics designer position that just opened up at my workplace at in South Florida. We'll need someone who's decent at After Effects, some illustrator, maybe some C4D. My boss is looking for locals only, so if you need a job and are in the area send me a pm.

Electric Crayon fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 15, 2017