Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Michael
Jul 4, 2005
++Pirate Captain++
I am a senior in college this year. I will be earning a degree in Economics, but my original degree was in Visual Communications. I changed to econ because I thought that I was not good enough to be a graphic designer, nor did I think that working for a small company would be the decision for me.

After having worked for a large corporation for about 2 years as an intern, I have decided that the grass is indeed NOT greener on the other side. In fact, I hate it. I remember working at my print shop internship that I had a few years ago and I miss it. I hate the idea of working for large company and being just a cog in a machine and doing horribly boring work (adding users all day to a Novell Network is not nearly as fun as working on design work).

I want to get back into the design world. I am not going to change my major this close to graduation. I guess how can I get into the design world when I don't have a degree in design or marketing and I don't have a portfolio? i know how to use a lot of the tools (like Adobe products, cameras, printers/presses) but I lack training and experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU