Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.
So I got a job interview at a marketing firm, and they've asked me to bring hard copy samples of my web work. Now I can understand bringing in hard copies of print, illustration, and photo work, but this is kind of a first. So far my attempts at getting decent looking reflections of what I see on my screen, versus what gets printed out has been pretty fruitless. If the lines and text aren't crisp, then the colors look off, and vice-versa.

Is there some kind of guide out there for this sort of thing, or should I just go to Kinkos?

Edit: I'm sure they'll understand the reasons for differences in the printed versions versus the online versions, but you know "best foot forward" and all that crap.

ButteryNoodles fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.
I have a job interview this afternoon for a Web Marketing Assistant. While I managed to glean a lot from the job description and looking around online (a lot of SEO, search engine reports, and other fun ranking stuff), I was wondering if anyone has worked in Web Marketing and can give me a personalized run down of what's involved.

Edit: To give you more information, I'm coming from a front-end development background, and this will be a position at a design and marketing firm. Not working in-house to expand an already established brand.

Hamelin posted:

My brother went through the programming course, he's currently working at Neversoft and bringing in a pretty drat good salary.

He busted his rear end though, it's a really fast-paced program and not hard to fall behind in. You're basically doing the equivalent of a four-year degree in two and a half years or so, the school's open 24 hours a day and your classes rotate on a monthly basis. It seemed to work pretty well for him but I remember him complaining afterward that while they said all along they'd help him get a good job after graduation, all the prospects they brought up were fairly lovely, and he couldn't really rely on their career services.

I visited him down there a couple times, the school is perfectly legit, it's expensive as gently caress, but apparently graduates (at least in programming) are fairly sought after from there.

Is Full Sail finally accredited?

ButteryNoodles fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 11, 2008