Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
SpiritArmor time is the prototype from which Valve Time was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

XaviortheSavior posted:

Aaaaand SpiritArmor still sits on a throne of lies.

It isn't necessary to tell us that Spirit Armor hasn't updated. We'll see that the thread hasn't been bumped which means there hasn't been a new post which means there hasn't been an update.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Status update from the throne of lies: my optimistic forecast for the next few updates came BEFORE I found out that I'd have to go overseas for reasons of work, and the two weeks (in November) when I thought I'd be free ended up becoming "oh, no, you're traveling then, too." And all the time in between was pretty much filled up by just preparing for these two trips.

I'm going to have to (continue) put(ting) this LP on hold for at least another month or so, possibly longer depending on how things pan out. I'm scheduled to return to the States by the end of January, but whether I'll have enough free time to hammer out updates between now and then... well, it'd take a miracle.

For those of you still following the LP, my apologies.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
I won't stop believing ;-;

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

lishan1988 posted:

... YOU CAUGHT ME :froggonk: Sorry for the false alarm! Got back from Asia about half a week ago, so I briefly unlocked the thread to work on the next update (it's the weirdest thing, I have trouble writing updates unless I can see how it looks on the forum's post preview), but it's not ready yet. It'll be up within the week!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Spirit Armor posted:

It'll be up within the week!

Right, see ya in a year.

Kidding aside, it is a credit to your writing: glacial update rate and yet we still come running for an update.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 3, 2014

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

lishan1988 posted:

Yeah, hang on to that feeling.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Canuck-Errant posted:

Yeah, hang on to that feeling.

Streetlight koubu in the night?

Edit:goddamnit! I just remembered my self imposed limit to never post in here til it was done. drat you Journey!

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

For anyone who's curious, it takes 21 hours to marathon this thread. Sleep is for the weak! :black101: Also, I think Iris is 18 now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quirkk posted:

For anyone who's curious, it takes 21 hours to marathon this thread. Sleep is for the weak! :black101: Also, I think Iris is 18 now.

Aren't close to 50%, maybe more, of the pictures dead? I know they were when I was trying to catch up some 5 years ago...

Oh wow, just read the OP, all images reuploaded! Now to remember where I left off, some time after the Canuck smilie maneuver was getting old.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Aren't close to 50%, maybe more, of the pictures dead? I know they were when I was trying to catch up some 5 years ago...

Oh wow, just read the OP, all images reuploaded! Now to remember where I left off, some time after the Canuck smilie maneuver was getting old.

All of SA's images are fine now apart from a few mixed up portraits in the first couple of updates. All of Canuck's links were on Waffleimages and are now gone. I have remained pure.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----------

[Ogami]

(Captain's Log, entry 138731: The Kouma have begun assaulting the anti-electricity onions for reasons of bad planning. The bright side is that every second they spend attacking the onions is one less second they're attacking us. However, for fear of getting caught in the caustic crossfire of the Koumas' acid spit and/or exploding Kouma babies(???), our hands are tied. We cannot hope to venture out into the open until they finish their attack phase, so for now, we're stuck on this bridge.)

[Ogami]

(Captain's Log, entry 138736: The Kouma show no signs of fatigue. Their absolutely pointless attack continues unabated, as we continue to huddle on the bridge that has become our island of (comparative) sanity in this chaotic battlefield. Morale runs low even amongst our doughty crew, but I have confidence that we will prevail in the fullness of time. We don't lack for food pellets or water, though bathroom breaks will have to be a thing soon. The Imperial Assault Force was trained for relatively short campaigns and skirmishes in powered armor, not hours-long slogs into the front line.)

[Ogami]

(Captain's Log, entry 138751: Supplies beginning to run low. More importantly, my crew are beginning to show signs of cabin fever. Kohran privately alerts me that the Jinbu were constructed with safety as the top priority, not comfort. Have decided to allow the members of the Flower Division out on short breaks, with strict instructions to stay on this side of the bridge.

[Ogami]

(Captain's Log, entry 138819: Rescinded permission to step outside. I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea in the first place. Note to self: Kohran is no longer allowed to secretly build machines in the safety of her own cockpit, especially anything that runs on "paradox" and/or "the very fabric of time/space itself." As if it couldn't get any worse, cabin fever is running amok now that we're all locked back up in our Jinbu. To keep morale up, I will have to persevere and continue setting a good example for the rest of the team-

[Ogami]

Oh, poo poo, we're up! GO GO GO GO-

----------

Thank goodness for Maria and her special attack's ludicrously long range! This way, that electric cannon won't even be able to fire off a shot before she-

----------
[Ogami]

OH GOD NO, USE THE OTHER SPECIAL ATTACK! THE OTHER ONE!!

[Maria]

Why? This attack has the highest chance of destroying the cannon.

[Ogami]

And also everything in a fifty-mile radius.

[Maria]

Be honest with me, Captain. Has that ever stopped us before?

[Ogami]

... Maria, I like you and all- enough that I want to make sweet, sweet watercress sandwiches with you here and now, but I do not want to test the structural integrity of this bridge by subjecting it to a gorillion gigawatts of the horrible mixture of distilled love/lust whatever-the-gently caress our drat mechs pump out.

[Maria]

[Maria]

Kohran, remind me to remind you to actually FIX the Captain's crossed "food-appetite" and "lust-appetite" wires sometime.

[Kohran]

Now why th' hell would I do somethin' like that when this is much more fun?

[Kohran]

- besides, you'll never want for delicious food ever again.

[Maria]

I suppose you have a point. Now then, Captain, let's consummate our mutual attraction to each other(?) by carpet-bombing this city with big pink hearts.

[Ogami]

DIDN'T I JUST SAY-

----------

----

----------
[Maria]

Just kidding, Captain, that was my non-hearts special attack. Ha. Ha. Ha.

[Ogami]

... wait, were you kidding about using that attack, or were you also kidding about the mutual attraction to each other thing parentheses question mark?

[Maria]

Ha. Ha. Ha.

----------

Of course, parking Maria there means that Iris can't get through the traffic jam...

... and neither can Sumire, because the Imperial Assault Force is nothing if not competent at being incompetent.

----------
[Sumire]

Why can't you just jump the river!?

[Ogami]

That's... that's actually a good question. Guys?

[Maria]

For one thing, this canal has been flowing through this part of town since BEFORE plumbing was a thing.

[Sumire]

But we're in mechs!

[Kohran]

Well, about that, this bridge's the only thing standin' between our mechs an' the fumes from the river. And our mechs are the only things standin' between our BODIES an' the fumes from the river. I don't know 'bout you, but I LIKE our mechs whole an' non-corroded!

[Sumire]

... alright, alright. I suppose you DO have a point there, yes.

[Kohran]

... also, Sumire's angry, frustrated shrieks are music to my ears.

[Sumire]

GODDAMMIT.

----------

Once more, the enemy's electric cannons fire uselessly, and all the excess firepower's sucked right into the anti-electricity onions!

----

----

Granted, that's the last shot THIS particular electric cannon will ever fire...

----

----

... because of Ogami's nature special attack.

----

And by "nature special attack," I mean "gently caress YOU HAVE FIFTY GIGAWATTS OF ELECTRICITY UP THE rear end."

----------
[Maria]

... instead of taking them all, you goddamned killstealer.

[Ogami]

Maria, you JUST blew one up. Besides, isn't cleansing Japan of evil demonic monsters more important than personal kill counts-

[Maria]

[Ogami]

... wow, for a moment there, I almost forgot who and what I was talking to.

----------

----

Kanna's turn is spent lining up behind Ogami, in an effort to actually avoid blocking up the bridge this time.

Same with Sakura's turn!

----

Except she actually gets to HIT something this round.

Seriously, it's as if this entire drat stage was designed to waste as much time as possible.

Kohran has a LITTLE more luck, on the basis of having a ranged attack.

... albeit a ranged attack that doesn't do as much damage as it needs to, since it leaves this rear end in a top hat with roughly 2 hp.

And it figures that this lucky sunnovagun JUST SO HAPPENS to be the one who gets to go next.

Except!

"Oh no you don't!"

----

Aaaaand that ABSOLUTELY SHUTS DOWN the Kouma's turn.

----

----

... and in retaliation, the Kouma begin mobbing the anti-electricity onions again.

And the one to the NORTH joins in on the fun.

... as does the brown one next to THAT one.

----

With its baby explosions.

And the other one does too.

AND THE PLAYER ISN'T ALLOWED TO SKIP OR FAST-FORWARD ANY OF THESE GUYS' TURNS.

----

----

Finally, just before the heat death of the universe, Maria gets to go again, and she finally plugs that 1-hp Kouma.

... and then she ends her turn behind Kohran.

The Imperial Assault Force doesn't look nearly as awe-inspiring or majestic when they're lined up like kindergartners at school.

Now, see, I COULD'VE moved Iris here, but...

... that woulda been too mean, so I just moved Iris here and defended.

----------
[Sumire]

Could... could it be? Am I dreaming? Is this the real life?

[Ogami]

Of course, Sumire-kun. We've given you just enough room to walk on over and participate in the battle.

[Sumire]

Yes... yes! Finally! Move aside, peasants! It is time for the TRUE heroine of this production to take center stage! Ohohohoho-

----------

----------
[Sumire]

- hohohoho-

----------

-----------
[Sumire]

- ho... ho...

-----------

-----------
[Ogami]

... oh.

[Sumire]

Why? Why this? Why do you enjoy tormenting me so, tyrannical laws of collision detection?

-----------

Aaaaand the electric cannon targets the etc.

-----------
[Sumire]

Because that is, apparently, all I am good for nowadays.

[Kohran]

Aw, c'mon, don't be like that, Sumire-han! We'll definitely remember to bring you back a souvenir or two!

[Kanna]

Yeah, there'll be LOADS of those little gold stars with "You Tried" written on them, right?

[Sumire]

Would you PLEASE stop rubbing it in!?

-----------

Etc, etc.

Kick it back into the Wind formation!!

hey

hey

hey

'sup

Aside from bloody and instantaneous destruction, that is. :v:

Alright. So, after putting Kanna over here...

And having Sakura pump her spirit gauge up here, even though the stage is ending in like five minutes...

Although, yeah, this stage would probably go a LOT faster if the road wasn't so freaking narrow.

Meanwhile, the Kouma attack the lighting rods and-

... also Sakura, because I forgot the Kouma have an area of effect attack, whoops. But, well, that's what Ogami's amazing instantaneous PROTECTION option is there for!

Once Maria's turn rolls around, she just...

... kind of aims at the Kouma on the other side of the building, THROUGH the building.

-----------
[Ogami]

Maria, uh, look, I know you're the master of impossible trick shots and all, but- are you SURE that's safe?

[Maria]

Of course it is, Captain. Why wouldn't it be?

[Ogami]

Alright, but... can you at least check to see if there's anyone else in there before you blow a burning hole through the building?

[Maria]

Yes, Captain. Activating sensors now...

----
[Child1]

S-Sis, I'm scared...

[Child2]

Shhh. Everything will be alright. All we have to do is hide in this first-floor room filled with windows, and the mean old demons won't ever be able to find us.

[Child1]

Really? Are you sure?

[Child2]

Of course. Why, even now, the Imperial Assault Force is fighting to keep all of Japan safe. They'll defeat the bad guys in no time!

[Child1]

And then we'll be okay?

[Child2]

Yes. We'll be okay forever, so don't you worry-

[Child1]

Sis? Why is there a giant gun barrel at the window, and why is it glowing like a thousand angry furnaces from Hell?

[Child2]

Wait, wha-

----
----------

----

-----------
[Ogami]

Did you check if anyone was home? Because I could've sworn I heard the screams of burning children. I mean, seriously, the Flower Division being what it is, I'm REALLY used to hearing that sound by now-

[Maria]

There is no one home.

[Ogami]

Oh, good!

[Ogami]

... what about in the past tense?

[Maria]

There is no one home.

[Ogami]

I'll... I'll probably be happier not pressing the issue, won't I.

----------

-----------
[Ogami]

Please don't deflect the question like that.

----------

----

Meanwhile, back in the land of the completely irrelevant, Iris and Sumire do jack poo poo!

Thankfully, the turns go a little faster now that there aren't so many enemies using up their unskippable turns taking potshots at the lightning rods.

And we literally have two electric cannons and Kouma left.

-----------
[Ogami]

Alright. Sakura, I need you to help push that anti-electric onion over toward the electric cannon, so that we can continue not taking any damage. Can you do that for me?

[Sakura]

Yes! Of course! Leave it to me, Ogami-san!

----------

----------
[Sakura]

URAAAAAAAH!

----------

----------
[Sakura]

AAAAAAAAH!

----------

----------
[Sakura]

... AAAAAH.

----------

---------
[Sakura]

Did I do good?

[Ogami]

Well, you didn't shove it into any corners or anything, so, yeah, that's probably good enough. Now go kill things, but please, you don't actually have to scream huge warcries when you-

----------

----------
[Sakura]

WAAAAAAAAAAAARCRYYYYYYYYYYYY!

----------

Well, Kanna barely has enough juice to get over there, but she manages, somehow.

And Kohran, well. Kohran gets the honors of taking down the last Kouma.

WITH THE POWER OF SCIENCE!

With all of the Kouma down and out, it's just a matter of cleaning up the remaining two electric cannons, which are still firing uselessly at the lightning rods.

And also squeezing everyone past each other on this narrow as gently caress road.

----------
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Sumire, why are you blocking my way?

[Sumire]

For reasons of GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS VENGEANCE.

----------

----------
[Ogami]

Yeah, nah, it didn't quite work.

[Sumire]

CURSES.

----------

NEXT TIME: Finally, the boss battle! ... probably!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 8, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Now we know what is holding the updates back. This loving magical stage. :allears:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing you fight the boss with flashy fireworks on your July 4th update.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well, that stage took forever. At least the next thing should have more fun, hopefully.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Patter Song posted:

Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing you fight the boss with flashy fireworks on your July 4th update.

But what year? :ohdear:

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 11, 2014

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Senerio posted:

But what year? :ohdear:

I'll be optimistic and say 2016.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Schir posted:

Now, now, I'm a bit more confident in SA than that.

We'll get our next update in 2015! Probably around December, but December 31st is still 2015!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Going by Spirit Armor Standard Time, it's a Christmas miracle!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. Yeah, I suppose the obligatory tight-quarters map is even worse in a game without a tightly-locked battle grid.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Yay our yearly update is here though it kinda got dark this time around.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Dark nothing. Maria's a child killer now. Despite that, this update still put a big smile on my face, which may say a lot about me as a person.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I originally tried reading this four years ago but stopped immediately upon reading the "main love interest is a 9-year-old" bit. The sheer longevity of this LP prompted me to finish reading through... but now I'm stuck waiting for yearly updates alongside everyone else. Thanks for not making it too creepy!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

Dark nothing. Maria's a child killer now. Despite that, this update still put a big smile on my face, which may say a lot about me as a person.

Iris is some dark demigod or something of that nature (it's been so long I forgot!), Maria being a mere child killer seems pretty pedestrian by comparison.

Remember Ogami's point-of-reference after all.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I committed a great injustice in my last post and I have since fixed it and now I apologize. :negative:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Decoy Badger posted:

I originally tried reading this four years ago but stopped immediately upon reading the "main love interest is a 9-year-old" bit. The sheer longevity of this LP prompted me to finish reading through... but now I'm stuck waiting for yearly updates alongside everyone else. Thanks for not making it too creepy!

Actually, the main love interest is the creepy stalker the game is named after. Iris is just a harem member.

She is admittedly probably the worst underage girl love interest in this series, but that's not much of a comfort.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Edit: Removed a Sakura Wars V spoiler.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

wdarkk posted:

Edit: Removed a Sakura Wars V spoiler.

Yeah, wouldn't want to ruin the game for everybody before Spirit Armor gets to it in 2047.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, wouldn't want to ruin the game for everybody before Spirit Armor gets to it in 2047.
I like your sense of optimism!

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Can't wait for Project X Zone in 2084.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Imagine keeping yourself unspoiled on Sakura Wars V for the next 30 years, and then almost right as the Sakura Wars IV LP ends some teenager who just paid 1000 Neocredits to register because of this thread posts untagged spoilers without knowing any better. :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
No matter the delay between updates, this is still magical :allears:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who mouseovers over each and every smiley to check for links :ohdear:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mikl posted:

No matter the delay between updates, this is still magical :allears:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who mouseovers over each and every smiley to check for links :ohdear:

I don't do that anymore, but I, panicked, checked right now since you reminded me.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Hellioning posted:

I don't do that anymore, but I, panicked, checked right now since you reminded me.

It took me a very long time to kick that habit, thanks. :sigh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Schir posted:

Nah, 2017. In 2016, Ted Cruz wins the US Presidency.

The hour before President Elect Cruz takes his oath, SA posts the final battle to this thread.

His first act is to launch nuclear weapons against the Neo-Warsaw Pact to celebrate his ascension to the throne.

None survive.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Spirit Armor posted:

Believe me, the thought's crossed my mind more times than I care to count, especially since I intend to tackle most of the series in question. I'd rather not be here, finishing up the Sakura Wars V LP five years later.

Loving this LP and don't take this the wrong way, but I just want to point out that this was circa 2007.

Hahahahaha… :shepicide:

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Danakir posted:

I just want to point out that this was circa 2007.

We were all young and foolish back then.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This is the oldest live thread in the LP subforum, just in case anyone's forgotten. I don't think there are any 2008 or even 2009 threads left, but there's this one from 2007.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal
The War in the Pacific thread is from December of 2009. The recommendation thread is also from 2007 if you want to count it, but this thread is still 5 months older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
SALR has taken all the fun out of hiding image links behind emoticons ever since it automatically inlined them if you have the box checked. :(

• Locked thread