Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Well in the interests of getting you to the next page, I'll post! I like the idea of demons and mecha in a world war two setting, though there hasn't really been much of that yet...

That little girl seriously, seriously creeps me out though, she looks like one of those demon children from horror movies, and the suggestion that she's a dating option just makes it ten times worse...

Edit: I think it doesn't help that those two little bits of hair coming out of her bangs always look like her eyebrows to me, so it's like she's always either really, REALLY angry, or just plotting evilly. Like this:

:gonk:

It was only just now that I even noticed she had eyebrows under there, but somehow that just makes it worse because it's like they were actually trying to make her cute and not creepy...

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

It ain't world war two, however. :smith: The game series rarely concerns itself with actual history of the time period (lol Sakura Wars 5 and its bizarro version of 1920's America)- and besides, history tends to be blindsided off of its natural course when you throw demons versus humans into the mix.

Ah I really meant WW2 era, sorry... steampunk's always fun, and steampunk vs demons can only be a good thing! Although it really does seem like no one's much bothered by the clouds of demons flying through the skies and lurking in the darkness.

Spirit Armor posted:

LOL THANKS FOR THE NIGHTMARES

It's worse because that pose has TWO pairs of eyes lookin' straight at you: Iris's ice blue eyes and Jean-Paul's dead, glossy ones... D:

That's what I see every time I see her image :gonk:

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 28, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

For the love interest ballot, I'll take that as a vote for 'FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT IRIS'. :3:

More or less, I'd have used more exclamation marks

Also page 2, yay! :toot:

Edit: Wow, update torrent! Maybe you should try to space out posting them a little? Seorin does one a day and that seems to work pretty well...

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 28, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Dominic Hokage posted:

YOU MUST ROMANCE THE IRIS.

Either her or Kana. I like extremes.

No

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

STOP THAT :cry:

I'll stop when people stop voting for the evil little french girl :colbert:

(Did they switch the colbert and crossarms emoticons? This post's going to look odd when they change that back...)

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Thuryl posted:

They've been like that ever since I signed up here, which leads me to believe they're not likely to be changed back in the immediate future.

Really? Huh, I never noticed... I guess I don't really use those two very often!

Also I forgot to mention when I was posting originally, but jumping steampunk trains are fantastic - forget the mecha, let's just ride around in that all day! :3:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
I got more of a sense of "Maria, I'll count on you to cover us if we need it!" and she's saying "Shouldn't YOU be the one who decides if cover's needed or not?", but actually your scenario 4 seems to be closer. Maria was kind of being a jerk no matter what though :saddowns:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

(Now that the battle's over, we're going to have to deal with Iris again.)

But... but... we were so happy :smith:

Spirit Armor posted:

:froggonk:

Am I the only one who's worried about the "make you my lover" part? 'Cause it sounds suspiciously like "I'm going to crush your mind and turn you into my love slave," and that's not exactly high up on my list of priorities.

No, you're not the only one... :gonk:

I do like the sepia toned 'next time' though :unsmith:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

Fun Fact: You can blame LittleKuriboh's 'Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh Series' as being the reason I don't just translate 'Oniichan' as 'Big Brother'. Whenever I read 'Big Brother', I immediately hear

Biiiig broooootheeeer!!

-- THIS sunnovabitch's vaguely whiny pronunciation. :(

Wow, now I hear everything Iris says in that voice.

You... you've managed to make iris ok! :aaa:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

I... think that a negligee would look better on you than pajamas.

I think someone hasn't learned their lesson yet :colbert:

I liked the MSPaints though :)

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 13, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Everyone's focusing on Sumire, but there was another major breakthrough that update too!

Spirit Armor posted:

[Maria]

The enemy's leader did take us by surprise, but your commands were admirable.

Maria gave you mild approval! Mild approval!!

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Glazius posted:

[Yoneda] Ogami! How'd you like to be an engineer?
[Ogami] W-wow! Anything's better than taking tickets...

[Yoneda] It's clear who's responsible for this disaster... the engineering department! Why wasn't the stage properly maintained Ogami!? When the police get here you're in big trouble!

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

Zepplins are the best part of steampunk and that's a good zepplin! :swoon:

BlondRobin posted:

(incidentally, why is a blimp faster than an insane railroad train? Blimps are SLOW.)

They haven't installed the jump over that park yet :colbert:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

[Kohran]

Kill yourselves!

:gonk:

I have to agree about the blimp being kind of disappointing after rolling thunder... drat it sakura wars you've ruined zepplins for me! :(

... Aw no I could never stay mad at zepplins :glomp:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Morgenthau posted:

Infact all this has compelled me to bust out the game and complete my conquest of love with Iris! :iamafag:

Spirit Armor there will come a day when you will have to take responsibility for what you have done :mad:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

Little did we know, however, that we would be facing a new terror from the skies...

[Ogami]

... and the loss of two of our best pilots through an unexpected betrayal.

[Ogami]

(Or just through willful negligence).
----

If the next update is anything but a drunk Yoneda driving the Rolling Thunder into a jump, through the tower and landing on top of you, I'm going to be a little disappointed...

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Oh no! Spirit Armour was probated for a low content post in the pokemon LP...

Oh well, I guess he can get some updates done in advance so it's a bit easier on him, so much work goes into these!

Also, I've only ever voted for 'Anyone but Iris'... If you're not letting negative votes count then I guess I'll vote Maria!

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 12, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Morgenthau posted:

Haha, Sakura's completely shut out here. It looks like Goons prefer weirdos more than normal one.

I think maybe you've gotten the characters mixed up because you just referred to Sakura as the normal one.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sakura]

Ogami-san.... what in the world are you doing in front of Sumire-san's room?

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Owowow~! W, who's there?! Who's pinching my back!

[Sakura]

It sure looks like you were having fun, weren't you?

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Wha?! Sakura-kun, what're you talking about all of a sudden?!

[Sakura]

That woman... did anything happen with her?

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Ah.... yes. I'll do my very best. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

[Sakura]

Aa~aah...

Rose wood fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 13, 2007

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
Please start insulting iris every chance you get :gonk:

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!
This is why you need to develop your ability to stop reading things when it becomes clear which way they're going :colbert:.

A vote for Sumire is a vote for fanfiction! Vote Maria 2007! :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose wood
Apr 4, 2006

You're a superstar!

Spirit Armor posted:

It's not ending now. This LP will come to its natural conclusion or I shall eat my collection of Sakura Wars games.

I have, however, been getting beaten and/or sodomized by real life. Sorry for the horrible delay on the update- it will, at the very latest, go up tomorrow evening.

[Iris]
Yes... real life... mwahahaha

(Although thinking about it I suppose beatings and sodomy are really more kohran's forte?)

• Locked thread