Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Why doesn't the plugin auto-update itself any longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

duz posted:

I believe that by default, Firefox only checks once a week for updates.
I was not aware of that. I thought it was daily or random or something.

Tivac posted:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2098 will help with that. It picks up updates much faster.
Thanks!

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I use All-in-one-gestures. I mostly use mouse gestures for zooming in and out of pages and to close tabs. It's also useful to open several links in separate tabs at the same time.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

That ban history thing is sweet. Thanks!

Edit: Just patched my version and it's really sweet :v:

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 21, 2007

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Biaxident posted:

Please pardon my ignorance, but I think this is a great idea and I'd like to add it to my version. Trouble is, I don't know how. Can anybody point me in the right direction here?
There's probably a way using some patch tool, but gently caress that, I'm not installing any of that just to add a few lines of code

I did this:
- download the latest version of the salastread.xpi and save it somewhere where you can find it
- rename the file ending to zip
- extract the file salastreadOverlay.js from chrome/content/salastread/ in the zip file
- open with a text editor like notepad++ and search for "//add user coloring/note links"
- above that line add
code:
//ban history link
var banHistLink = doc.createElement("li");

var banHistAnchor = doc.createElement("a");
		banHistAnchor.href = "/banlist.php?userid=" + posterId;
		banHistAnchor.title = "Show poster's ban/probation history.";
		banHistAnchor.innerHTML = " Ban History";
banHistLink.appendChild(banHistAnchor);
banHistLink.appendChild(doc.createTextNode(" "));
profileLink.parentNode.parentNode.appendChild(banHistLink);
- save the file
- overwrite the file in the zip
- rename to xpi
- drag and drop the xpi file in your browser window to install

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The Remote Viewer posted:

I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I don't care.

Maybe it's time to consider putting this old horse down. Most of the core functionality has been subsumed by the forum itself, and what's left breaks often and stays broken for days or weeks at a time. The days when something broke and a fix came out within hours appear to be over.
Salastread hasn't been broken for months. Consider hitting that update button in the Tools > add-on menu every once in a while. :confused:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The Remote Viewer posted:

I was using the latest build as specified by the first post. Some threads had highlighting that wouldn't go away even after clicking the 'mark thread unread' button. I'm pretty sure that's a known issue. I also had a strange mix of forum-style buttons and SALR-style buttons, which I presume was caused by the known issues with that functionality.
The first thing you mention as a bug doesn't happen to me, and the second one has definitely been recently fixed, so maybe you don't actually have the current version.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

What's the syntax in the userContent.css again if I want to hide links? There are quite a few links like "http://forums.somethingawful.com/adlist.php" that I never use that I want to hide.

Something like this?
code:
a:[[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/adlist.php[/url]] {display: none !important;}
It's been so long since I used this :(

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

vkeios posted:

Something like this would work:
code:
@-moz-document url("http://forums.somethingawful.com/adlist.php") {
 a {color: #fcf !important;}
}
Thanks dude :)

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

My menu has been broken all day, and still is. I supposed they changed something again and SALastread is making GBS threads itself.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Funny thing that.
I just noticed my menu works again.

I haven't done anything different than before. I know we should visit a thread or the forums list or whatever first to have the menu rebuilt and I did all that and it didn't help.

Now, out of the blue the menu is fixed. I just don't know what to say, man.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Mister Bung posted:

Mine just started working again too (after I posted a second time). Did you post? Perhaps twice?
I don't remember :v: I think I've posted more than twice today.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Revolvyerom posted:

It's because of a typo in the script, there's a greasemonkey script someone posted that fixes that. Greasemonkey lists it as "SA Forums Postcount Correction", and it works a charm for me.
It works for me without additional scripts and always has :confused:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Saint Jerome posted:

This would be a great feature.
Mouse buttton 3 is the middle mouse button in other words this is already a "feature".
:confused:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I think ctrl-click on a link is default for opening a link in a new tab. So, using that might not be such a good idea.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

It would be better in my opinion if the advanced filters were applied per forum, and not globally. An E/N thread in Games would be unusual and probably something worth taking a look at, while it probably isn't worth reading if it's in GBS.

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 20, 2007

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I too am suffering from lost menus. :( I used a smiley, so everybody knows how serious I am.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

duz posted:

And what do I have to sacrifice to get Winrar ported to Linux?
:argh: voodoo
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm Command line only though.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I agree. Everything works flawlessly for me. :)

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I have feature request. The forums also resize pictures in quotes and it annoys me. Sorry, I am that petty.
Would you consider adding a toggleable feature that undoes this?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

duz posted:

By default it doesn't convert quoted images, double check extensions.salastread.dontConvertQuotedImages to make sure.
It's set to true. Maybe it works correctly and I didn't notice.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I like it, and I'm going to use it :colbert:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

For what it's worth, it works fine for me with FF3 RC1 on Vista 32.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Aha! I too am experiencing this frequently. I thought something was wrong with my computer.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I have a suggestion about how to fix this problem semi-permanently. Instead of checking the forums jump menu all the time or whenever it is checked, check it once, keep it in the SALR data file, and only check it again, when the user forces a check.

For example, when a new sub-forum is opened, users may want to have it refreshed and can do so, if they wish to.

This would be orders of magnitude less annoying than having the SALR forum selection menu break in random intervals for a random number of people. Also, having the same goddamn questions about it every single loving time it happens.

I check the thread regularly, because I'm interested in what's being done with updates and such, 99% of all posts are from confused people about how the menu is broken, yet again.

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 10, 2008

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Volte posted:

Looks like the menu problem is caused by the YOSPOS title (possibly the em-dash); open saforumlist.xml and delete it and restart Firefox and the menu will be back. YOSPOS ruins everything
That didn't work for me.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

when SAlastread is active a few Avatars like mine for example won't show. That is, I can see them loading and afterwards they are removed.
This happened "suddenly" even before I applied the new version linked above on this page.
Anyone got an idea what I can do about this?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

pik_d posted:

There's a "Hide Avatar" option below the main body of every post. If it says "Show Avatar" instead then you accidentally clicked it.
Motherfuck! You're right! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Thank you!

• Locked thread