Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Since there isn't a general ruby thread I thought I would just post this here.

I am going the full Uncle Bob and trying to make a memory based instance handling system inspired by his lost years of architecture talk. I have an early version, which still needs a few features to be truly useful, but it is good enough that I was able to hook it into a simple sinatra app with user registration and login and user registration and login works.

Anyway, I was looking to see if anyone wanted to get in on this or call me an idiot or both.

https://github.com/kwstannard/the_blob

Also, I am looking for a better name than the_blob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

prom candy posted:

What's the use case for this? Or is it a learning project?

This started out as a learning project to try making an app that would eventually need a database, but to push that decision back until the last possible minute and thereby create a consistent framework that you can build an app on top of and plug in any sort of persistance you want without having to change anything in the app itself.

As of right now I think the memory based persistance system, i.e. caching, is fully functional, and I think the next thing in line is a Sequel interface.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Anyone have an idea how to test whether null_session protection did something or not? https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/43760

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy

prom candy posted:

Anyone out there still using Rails? I can't decide if I want to double down on my almost 20 years of experience with it and just ride out the rest of my career as a Rails expert or if I should delete it from my resume. It seems like there's lots of lucrative opportunities working on and modernizing legacy Rails apps but at the same time working on legacy Rails apps can be hell.

My employer is just now starting a new Rails application to replace a dotnet application. Ruby is still growing, just not as fast as *insert latest fad*.