Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scr0llwheel
Sep 11, 2004
ohelo
So I'm thinking of starting a project with RoR but have one question: Is there a suitable way to do user registration, authentication, etc? Granted, I haven't looked into it very much, but all authentication stuff seems to be either the entire site or nothing. What I'd specifically like to do is to protect an admin control panel along with admin-only elements/controls on an otherwise publicly viewable page.

Is this built into RoR and I just missed it? Are there any gems available to do this? How hard is this to implement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU