Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

skidooer posted:

Backgroundrb should fit the bill.

Looks like they're dropping support for Windows, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

zigb posted:

- Server restarts. Our dev server is also, unfortunately, a production server for different apps in other languages. (don't blame me, I didn't do it :(). Under Apache/FastCGI/RoR there are too many times we need to restart Apache. Changed something in environment.rb? Restart Apache. Added/Edited something in the /lib path? Restart Apache. This makes any sort of iterative development of libs/mixins a huge pain in the rear end. Particularly since I have to go beg the sysadmin to restart Apache.. How is this even considered acceptable? Is it just assumed that one server will run only one RoR app? There are live apps being taken offline every time I need to update a library.

It's been a long time since I used Rails, but doesn't it come with a simple standalone web server you can use for testing? ISTR typing "rails test <appname>" or something starting my app listening on port 8080.