Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

VagueRant posted:

And Nobby pretty much remains an impossibility for human casting.

Just stick Andy Serkis in a mocap suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well, drat and blast. I only just heard about this.

I got a copy of The Last Continent signed by him at a Whitcoulls in Auckland when it came out.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I searched everywhere. It must have gotten lost in the move a few years back :smith:

It might have gotten eaten. Do any of your other books look thicker than they were before?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

It gets super horny

Something something bone

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Custodes tui omnia nothi

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Rand Brittain posted:

(Also, Angua should have a strong Eastern-European-aristocracy accent. It bugs me when the books give her a lower-class British voice.)

I'd have assumed her not having a distinctive accent would been part of her wanting to distance herself from her family. They were very... traditional in that regard.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Announce two projects at once, release one cast list, don't say who will be in what

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I feel kind of stupid about this but it only just hit me about Rincewind having "Wizzzard" with the extra Z on his hat

He can't spell.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'm guessing they're adapting elements of Soul Music? And more directly involving it with the watch characters?? For some reason???

Wondering if they're doing anything with the idea city ruler with the title Patrician being a woman

Wasn't there also something in early casting news about switching Dibbler's gender?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
My own reading order was whatever I could find at the time so my first book was Light Fantastic, I'd read Men At Arms before Guards Guards and Lords And Ladies before any of the other Witches books.

I think they do a pretty good job of being someone's intro to the series.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Imagined posted:

Hugh Laurie, most famous for Avenue loving 5 lol

In the sense that it's the most recent thing he's been in that is currently ongoing, kinda yeah? Unless there's a new season of House coming out...

I don't have much trust or hope left for anymore of his work put through the adaptation process, but: something involving the Assassin's Guild, The Office style? IDK

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Literally the first I've heard of it so maybe Paul didn't know this either

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
some good art

https://twitter.com/Naara_Sakura/status/1519670992985116674?t=vdiJukS1q5gfImGvQX3Q1w&s=19

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

neurotech posted:

Are there any Terry Pratchett books about thieves/the thieves Guild?

there was but it got stolen

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
There's the Pork Futures warehouses and Dibbler is famous for selling things that don't belong to him or even exist

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Terry Pratchett posted:

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
feels a bit like something geared towards somewhat younger readers

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
My first was Light Fantastic which is a direct continuation of the previous but it starts with an Alien reference and introduces the Librarian

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
From the Adventure Games thread, a link to an interviewer with the designer of the Discworld games

https://www.timeextension.com/features/interview-john-cleese-told-us-to-fk-off-the-inside-story-of-terry-pratchetts-discworld-games

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
there are clips going around of Star Wars airing on Chilean TV with beer commercials integrated into some scenes and all I've been able to think about is the time German translators inserted paragraphs of soup advertisements into their versions of Terry's novels https://gmkeros.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/terry-pratchett-and-the-maggi-soup-adverts/

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Bruceski posted:

A good cut

a very Cool cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

That's a pretty good Discworld name, it's also a fabric company so I imagine you'd get good mileage out of it for jokes.