Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flow
Sep 7, 2006
Being delicious isn't everything.

ConfusedUs posted:

I liked him in The Colour of Magic. Since then he's been obnoxious.

Rincewind had some really nice roles in the Science of Discworld series (possibly some of the most under-read "Discworld" series because people think it's "science" but, it actually has a fantasy/Discworld plot!).

However the Witches are still my favorites, Lords and Ladies being my favorite book and Carpe Jugulum still has my favorite scene ever(when Oats burns his book in the cave to provide fire for him and Granny. Although Death's revenge and his appeal to Azrael in the end of Thief of Time Reaper Man comes very, very close.

Flow fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flow
Sep 7, 2006
Being delicious isn't everything.

Nilbop posted:

I think he sells him a bit short. I mean in Interesting Times he did pretty much save the day and he has a thorough understanding of how the world works. Like Confusedus says, I'm a bit annoyed at how Pratchett's taken him since then.

Oh and Flow, can you explain that to me? I was sure Azrael only appeared once in the series (although he got a whole page to himself :v: ) and it was in Reaper Man.

I can fully explain - I confused the two books. I meant to say Reaper Man, thanks for correcting me. :)