Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Mort is a great suggestion yeah.

Kind of funny though, reminds me of the anecdote of Terry trying to pitch a Discworld movie to Hollywood and they told him Mort would be great but they'd have to retool Death entirely.

As I recall, it was "lose the Death angle," which is even more blockheaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Happy 25th of May. GNU Terry Pratchett. (and do you know where your towel is?)

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

kanonvandekempen posted:

I bought The shepherd's crown the moment it was published, but until last week it sat unread in my kindle. I couldn't get myself to read what would be the last discworld book I could ever read. This week on a holiday I finally pushed myself to do it, fighting tears in the second chapter, finishing the book in two days. It was clearly unfinished, but it was a good way to end the series.

Time to start again from the beginning, I read most of the first books in dutch when I was still pretty young so it will be nice to read them in their original language now.

I have it too, I'm waiting till MarkReads gets to it.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Mikl posted:

"That’s a nice song," said young Sam, and Vimes remembered that he was hearing it for the first time.

'As I recall, they used to sing it after battles,' he said. I've seen old men cry when they sing it,' he added.
'Why? It sounds cheerful.'
They were remembering who they were not singing it with, thought Vimes. You'll learn. I know you will.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
GNU Pterry. I still remember reading the news at work and the next thing I knew kneeling on the floor sobbing.

AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER